UFC 100 - 11 July 2009

hendohoff.gif

Is the gif too big? Funny as hell anyways :LOL:

None of which tells you how popular it is in the UK.

I am telling you now, if it went PPV in the UK 90% of the people that watch it when it's free would not buy it.
What's your point? That's true for WWE as well, as I can't imagine much of a non-US audience for PPV WWE.

UFC clobbers boxing and WWE when it comes to PPV. You were way off in your statement earlier.

Yet I look at the charts for last year and boxing is top, and a UFC fight with a guy that made his name in the WWE is second, followed by Wrestlmania.

UFC has more PPV shows a year (Last year I believe there was two PPVs in the space of a week) so would obviously come out on top overall.

I don't know where to get BSkyBs buy rates, but they are still offering WWE events PPV in the UK (and making more of the events PPV) so I guess people are buying them.

Yet I look at the charts for last year and boxing is top, and a UFC fight with a guy that made his name in the WWE is second, followed by Wrestlmania.
So top three is all that matters? :LOL: Look again at the top 10 and add up the numbers: UFC is 3x boxing and 6x WWE. Unfortunately we don't have numbers beyond the top 10, but it's pretty clear that the UFC is destroying WWE and boxing. This year they have at least two shows with over 1M buys, and we're in a recession.

UFC has more PPV shows a year (Last year I believe there was two PPVs in the space of a week) so would obviously come out on top overall.
Wrong again. WWE has 14 regular PPV events per year. UFC had 13 each of the last two years, and will have 15 this year. Boxing has plenty of shows per year.

So what do you guys think of Bobby Lashley maybe entering the UFC? He's as big and weighs as heavy as Brock. It would be interesting imo. though I'd still like Shane Carwin to have a title fight first.

Hum, Lashley was around 255 againt Sapp, Lesnar is still around 285 at fight time.

I think Lashley is doing the good thing tough, getting experience in smaller organisation. If he keeps winning, i see him in the UFC by the end of 2010.

Back