UBIsoft in potential financial trouble

I'm going to weigh in and give Ubisoft my advice:

Make AC less tedious. Make a new Splinter Cell on a AA budget as stealth is a niche genre. Make a new Rayman. Stop wasting money on mediocre games with expensive licensed IP.

I think there’s also an element of “luck” in which games the anti-woke crowd happen to target. Ubisoft must have known though that Assassins Creed Shadows would be a lightning rod for controversy. It commits at least two sins of promoting a female combatant and “out of place” diversity.

That Steam list is pretty telling. Apparently any representation of brown people or women in an action or historical European setting is woke. Women in positions of authority is also woke..which is just lol. I don’t know how you make a modern game without breaking at least one of those rules.
concepts like "cancelling" and "woke" are pretty new but as I understand it, something woke is wanting to cater to everyone as if we lived in a perfect world, even forcing things to happen so you just look multi-everything, they create new words in certain languages where some definitions are masculine or feminine, but not both, woke mentality is about creating a black little mermaid -which imho is stupid-, and things like believing that if you are a male and you think you are female then you are female (I am not against that, except in sports, however if you are born with XY chromosome you are going to experience the problems of people with an Y chromosome, health wise, 'cos you are internally XY).

This has an effect in videogames too, just like what happened with the female -mostly created by female artists- of the Playstation game called Stellar Blade. Or this:

The interviewer is a woman who brings up the point. The video is worth the watch...

Last edited:
concepts like "cancelling" and "woke" are pretty new but as I understand it, something woke is wanting to cater to everyone as if we lived in a perfect world, even forcing things to happen so you just look multi-everything, they create new words in certain languages where some definitions are masculine or feminine, but not both, woke mentality is about creating a black little mermaid -which imho is stupid-, and things like believing that if you are a male and you think you are female then you are female (I am not against that, except in sports, however if you are born with XY chromosome you are going to experience the problems of people with an Y chromosome, health wise, 'cos you are internally XY).

This has an effect in videogames too, just like what happened with the female -mostly created by female artists- of the Playstation game called Stellar Blade. Or this:

The interviewer is a woman who brings up the point. The video is worth the watch...
Sad to see since I had wish listed both those games. I had fond memories of getting dragon warrior free in the mail from nintendo power. They were trying to launch the franchises here in the states at that time. My friend and I had a sleep over and ended up beating the game that same night. So we were going to get the remakes and hang out and beat them like we did god like 35 years ago now or something. But we decided to wait for them to be dirt cheap or for them to patch out the silliness.

I did buy a few hundred dollars of ubisoft stock. I figured if cut out the dei stuff and started focusing on the quality of the games it be really good for them.

I also heard they are giving anyone who preorders the first expansion free. I have a feeling they are using this extra time to add a male Japanese playable character to the dlc and announce it before the launch of the regular game. Its the only way I can see them trying to win back fans

Back