Two version of Xbox360 after all?

02v.jpg

03v.jpg

ph01.jpg

ph02.jpg

Interesting look, quite retro looking similar to HKs. I like the slim profile (i.e it's not very tall). I also like the detail of the identation running down the middle.

The flip down panel is of course a good idea but silly that it only has S-video and RCAs - there seems to be so much more space or connectors that could have been used - DSUB, Firewire, USB, etc. Maybe I'm too high-end but it just looks silly to me to drop that huge panel down and only see those few connections.

I agree there really needs to be a DV input on the front considering it's a 300GB HDD/DVD recorder, but I like the lid because it hides the ugly connectors. Also it's not a HTPC so that's why you don't see USB etc. Anyway there's really nothing stopping MS from releasing a Xenon that fits this kind of form factor maybe even making it narrower by cutting part of the unneeded space on the left side.

Anyway here is my idea of what PS3 should look like. 8)

I hope Nintendo teams up with Panasonic to design Revolution to be similar to this. Considering the Q was/is the best looking console design to date, I don't see why this design wouldn't be possible. It doesn't even need to have a real aluminum face. Instead the face could be made of plastic simulating a brushed metal finish or it can even have a high gloss mirror finish much like the Q. That would be extremely sexy. :devilish:

PS3a.JPG

That would look pretty awesome mounted on this:

SY0104_l.jpg

q02.jpg

q_09.jpg

q_10.jpg

q_16.jpg

matsu00.jpg

matsu01.jpg

If MS was smart they'd redesign the Xenon because the industrial design is simply underwhelming... :oops:

Oh and I'm still scratching my head why Panasonic didn't offer the Q in the US as a limited edition GCN unit. :?

Back