Trying out MSN search toolbar...

Guden Oden

Legend
There seems to be a bug with the popup blocker in google's toolbar, meaning I turn it OFF, but it still engages. Rather annoying. So when MS bombarded me with yet another advertising mail in my hotmail account about MSN search toolbar I thought, what the heck...

Of course, it seems MS can't do ANYTHING these days without bloating it up with horrific redundant, unwanted and bloated bloat-features, so the IE toolbar comes with a fecking desktop search crap thingy as well which gladly sets about indexing my harddrive without being asked to.

I'm wondering what the damn indexing service in XP is about if this thing creates another god damn index anyway. Jesus, aren't you redmond-people wasting enough of my harddrive space and CPU cycles as it is?

There are three settings to decide which files to index. The fourth setting; "don't fucking index ANYTHING" is unfortunately missing. What is it with these people? Why do they have to create these bullshit features? I don't want this! I actually just want some TABS in my god damn browser window (which this toolbar can supply me with), so I got a bit more than I bargained for.

I'm going to see if disabling the index service from starting up, and then deleting the stupid index database is enough to make this thing go away for good. Damn, I sure hope so. Not that I understand why I have to jump through all these hoops to begin with anyway. Someone sure is lacking in brainpower over there at MS, the thought someone might not need, or want, their new shiny file indexing shite seems to never have struck them at all. *sighs*

I think you're the one having fun ;)

I laughed because I thought: "How much of a masochist is he actually?"

Thank for the warning GO, I got search toolbar spam too, but there's no chance in hell I'm going to try it now that I know how retarded it is... (indexing on by default, and not being able to turn it off, what the hell is MS smoking?!please tell so I can avoid that bad shit myself...)

Well Thowilly, actually you CAN "turn it off". Or rather, you can prevent the indexer from STARTING AGAIN on next reboot. But that's only after it has already run once and snooped all over your harddrive and indexed your stuff for you without being asked to.

I also noticed that the button that is supposed to open links in new tabs rather than windows, wasn't working, and that the popup blocker prevents links THAT YOU CLICK ON from opening a window. That was simply too much for me, so now that shite goes OFF my harddrive!

Of course, MS is bound to leave a dozen or more files belonging to that smelly toolbar crap spread out here and there on my harddrive, along with perhaps a hundred garbage registry keys it created but never deleted... :LOL: *sighs*

nLite? Got any linkage perhaps? :D

Anyway, I resorted to installing Avant Browser again. No slow shitty graphics routines like in firefox, yet I get tabs and I can visit windows update too should I need it. Best of both worlds for the most part. ...Though avant does have a few annoyances I have to say, heh heh, so nothing is perfect. :) They're very small ones though and as the program is free, I don't want to complain.

Back