Trip Hawkins Interview ..........

hey69 said:
Trip Hawkins is the founder of the largest publisher, Electronic Arts. He even came up with the popular Madden series. He also found 3DO and released his own game console.

So was 3DO an EA console?

Digital Chocolate has 60% of its developers in Finland where the sun never sets in the summer....

What?

The 3DO wasn't an EA console, but they had close ties and gave the platform a relatively high amount of support. In some ways, it was a gauge for them to see how they'd do if they had their own console, like Sony's interest in portables with the Wonderswan.

The midnight sun last about a month and a half or so. During that time the sun doesn't set below the horizon, and it's light enough at night to read witout a lamp.
Whereas during darkest winter month you might not see much of daylight during all day.
I'm not that sure about the productivity at those times though...

rabidrabbit said:
The midnight sun last about a month and a half or so. During that time the sun doesn't set below the horizon, and it's light enough at night to read witout a lamp.
Whereas during darkest winter month you might not see much of daylight during all day.
I'm not that sure about the productivity at those times though...

I'd love to be there during those times, the way of living must be completely different from our usual day-night-day-night routine.

london-boy said:
I'd love to be there during those times, the way of living must be completely different from our usual day-night-day-night routine.
The only difference is that the routine is day-day, period or night-night, period...
Or maybe they sleep for a month and then six months later saty awake for a month, don't know...

Also you have to know that the sun disapears because one of the sons of the giant wolf Fenrisulfr chased the sun out of the sky. And that evenement is the prelude to Ragnarok, the end of the world. In other words, nordic countries during those periods might not be that cool, but that's just me.

Oh, and regarding the relevance to the topic... Well, let's say that Trip Hawkings is the incarnation of Loki, and my BS post would make some sense.

I didn't know Digital Chocolate had some development studio in Finland, but after googling I found out they had last year bought Sumea, a local mobile software firm.

Shifty Geezer said:
They all suffer Seasonally Adjusted Depression (SAD) from lack of sunlight and are miserable.
That's OT, but the SAD disorder is a really big problem in the nordic countries, and they have tons of really "interresting" kind of therapy (Exposition to strong light asside), like ergotherapy, aromatherapy, hypnose, and tons of other pop-psychology "therapy", to heal the problem.

Oh, about Trip hawkins... well, it's a matter of public record that Trip hawkins suffer from the SAD disorder.

Never heard most of those therapies, nor do I think they are very widely used for curing "SAD".
In fact I don't think many would say they suffer from some "SAD", and seek medication for that. It's something most have grown accustomed with, and self help such as "alcotherapy" and vitamins are considered enough to get through the most tiring last winter months/early spring.
I think the "SAD" is invented just so that they could sell more antidepressant drugs in northern countries.

rabidrabbit said:
I think the "SAD" is invented just so that they could sell more antidepressant drugs in northern countries.

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a friend of mine works for one of those companies!! :LOL: :LOL:

rabidrabbit said:
Never heard most of those therapies, nor do I think they are very widely used for curing "SAD".
In fact I don't think many would say they suffer from some "SAD", and seek medication for that. It's something most have grown accustomed with, and self help such as "alcotherapy" and vitamins are considered enough to get through the most tiring last winter months/early spring.
A few years ago I was present at a, boring, reading about the SAD, and I remember that it was said the nordic countries were, statisticly, severly cursed by this disorder.
I also remember that a lot of people on thoses countries weren't satisfied at all by the medicamentous treatments generaly prescribed in thoses situations, hence the apparition of all thoses "therapy alternatives".

And, if you didn't know, Trip Hawkins was the one doing this reading... Of course.

Vysez said:
A few years ago I was present at a, boring, reading about the SAD, and I remember that it was said the nordic countries were, statisticly, severly cursed by this disorder.
I also remember that a lot of people on thoses countries weren't satisfied at all by the medicamentous treatments generaly prescribed in thoses situations, hence the apparition of all thoses "therapy alternatives".

And, if you didn't know, Trip Hawkins was the one doing this reading... Of course.

Must be true then!!! :LOL:

london-boy said:

:LOL:

Note that, at that time, Trip was looking older, was bald, has a funnily shaped beard, and he could speak French fluently...
And as you know, someone who can speak a fluent French, cannot lie.
I mean it's written in books and stuff.

Vysez said:
london-boy said:

:LOL:

Note that, at that time, Trip was looking older, was bald, has a funnily shaped beard, and he could speak French fluently...
And as you know, someone who can speak a fluent French, cannot lie.
I mean it's written in books and stuff.

......................................LOADING...............................................

Back