Triathlon - How will I do?

What will be the overall Joe's overall triathlon pace (minutes per mile)?

• Total voters
Yeah, you still doing it?

(My own embarkment on a training regimine brought this thread back out of the memory hole)

Yeah, you still doing it?

(My own embarkment on a training regimine brought this thread back out of the memory hole)
You know, Im actually thinking of doing it. Im actually enjoying running, which was my weakness in that set. Anyways, im a long way from getting into shape will know better by summer.

Wow ressurection and such like.

My brother is into this stuff, but him andhis wife quit doing longer ones b/c they said training took too long. Now they just do sprint and olympic length or exterras b/c they are more fun.

I ran around the block twice a day with the kids and occasionally a puppy for the last 3-4 days and I've been disgustingly proud of myself for it, even though just doing that winds me. :oops:

I ran around the block twice a day with the kids and occasionally a puppy for the last 3-4 days and I've been disgustingly proud of myself for it, even though just doing that winds me. :oops:

Well you need to keep it up otherwise you won't be around to cause riots in RPSC. :)

I haven't done a triathlon since my (early) thirties...could bench my bodyweight +150# and ran 40+ miles per week every week. Ah to be young again.

I haven't done a triathlon since my (early) thirties...could bench my bodyweight +150# and ran 40+ miles per week every week. Ah to be young again.
You dont have to that much. 30mins/day is plenty to keep you healthy for a long time. I started exercising about 2 months ago and feel great. Ive done the research on doing a 'sprint' triathlon and think that it is doable in 4 months. :) Anyone else considering/doing it?

You dont have to that much. 30mins/day is plenty to keep you healthy for a long time. I started exercising about 2 months ago and feel great. Ive done the research on doing a 'sprint' triathlon and think that it is doable in 4 months. :) Anyone else considering/doing it?

I still think I could do a sprint triathlon with no training to be honest :)

Not necessarily do it well though. But I agree with you 100% a bit of exercise just makes life better regardless. I like riding my bike to work for that reason.

I still think I could do a sprint triathlon with no training to be honest :)

Not necessarily do it well though. But I agree with you 100% a bit of exercise just makes life better regardless. I like riding my bike to work for that reason.
My only real problem is swimming, I know how to, just never tried any sort of distance swimming. Im currently looking for a pool to join up with.

The wife and I started working out for real again a couple months back. At first it was really depressing to go from what I could do back before I had a real job (worked for a gov't lab) - I had topped out at my bodyweight + 150# (315#) and when we started, between less strength and getting fatter, I couldn't even bench my bodyweight :( I'm almost to bodyweight now which is a LOT higher than then and gaining momentum - maybe two more weeks to break by 200# heft). No outdoor running yet, just 45 minutes on the elliptical about 4x/wk and walking the dogs (4 miles) every other day or so. Feels good.

I doubt I'll ever bench six plates again though :( but at least I won't feel like such a fatty!

I like riding my bike to work for that reason.

You're lucky to live somewhere you can. In Boulder and Albuquerque this was no problem, but in Cincinnati, Ohio it's basically life-threatening. No shoulders and no sidewalks or paths and one "narrow tunnel" between my house and office. Too short to be worth it too (3 miles). Albuquerque was 12 miles each way - 11 on bike paths!

My only real problem is swimming, I know how to, just never tried any sort of distance swimming. Im currently looking for a pool to join up with.
That was my sister in laws problem as well when they got into this stuff. She got a lot better after my bro (a swimmer/water polo player in his younger times) coached her.

You're lucky to live somewhere you can. In Boulder and Albuquerque this was no problem, but in Cincinnati, Ohio it's basically life-threatening. No shoulders and no sidewalks or paths and one "narrow tunnel" between my house and office. Too short to be worth it too (3 miles). Albuquerque was 12 miles each way - 11 on bike paths!

I am not hardcore. I like short rides and nice weather, but traffic is sketchy to me as well. I like mountain biking for fun though and just got my new bike fixed (I hope) and look forward to finally riding it.

Gods I'd love a pool, I can swim for bloody ever. I keep forgetting it's good exercise too.

I couldn't join a pool, too self-conscious...must look into getting one. ;)

Back