Trailer of N-Gage Games From GDC 2007

it's hard to form a real opinion with such a low quality video, but One was probably the best looking ngage game released, so it's really no surprise that Who's Next is also a looker.

The N-Gage platform is now becoming a feature of standard Nokia smartphones that scales to different designs of handsets and processors.

It looks kewl.
although I am quite surprised that they are still making games for it.
I thought it was dead a very long time ago but i guess they are trying to do something as far as a feature for their phones.

I really want to run down my cell battery in the middle of a long trip while playing games so I can't make calls on it/have people reach me.. What a wonderful concept this is.
Peace.

Adding another battery costs less money and pocket space than adding a whole portable game console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding another battery costs less money and travel space than adding a whole portable game console.

That's true (I hadn't thought of that) and it's far more flexible since you can use the battery for games or longer talk time.

Hopefully ergonomics and software catch up then.

That's true (I hadn't thought of that) and it's far more flexible since you can use the battery for games or longer talk time.

Hopefully ergonomics and software catch up then.
i'm sure nokia is on top of this as well. in fact, the case for my QD has a slot for a second battery, and no room for anything else (except the phone of course). so they've been on top of this for some time.

It looks kewl.
although I am quite surprised that they are still making games for it.
I thought it was dead a very long time ago but i guess they are trying to do something as far as a feature for their phones.

N-Gage will next be the marketing name for a gaming platform running on as many S60 devices as possible. It does not refer to the old N-Gage QD device. So expect to see the cool games in the video on a wide range of Nokia S60 devices.

Now working for Nokia, I guess it's hard to give a credible impartial opinion. But I'll still say that's top of the line compared to any cell phone gaming available. Some games like One rival even handheld console games.

Back