Track7 cancels Thesis for PS3: too expensive to develop for

Qroach said:
I find it interesting to see people reactions to this now. When they initially annoucned it was for PS3 people were saying nothing but good things about it...
I don't remember ever hearing about the game. And if people had anything good to say about it, they don't appear to have said it on this forum based on searching for "Track7 Theseis" . So I'm not sure which people you're talking about :???:

From the link:
Update:

Track7 Games has contacted us to correct an error. Apparently, Theseis was never in development for PlayStation 3. Here's what Track7 had to say:

"We never began developing the game for PS3 in order to cancel development. We just made a strategic decision to not move ahead because we deemed it not probable at this time."

We apologise for any confusion caused by the original article. Track7 now claim that what they originally told us was a "joke".
Yep, that was good ol' publisher fishing.

Shifty Geezer said:
I don't remember ever hearing about the game. And if people had anything good to say about it, they don't appear to have said it on this forum based on searching for "Track7 Theseis" . So I'm not sure which people you're talking about :???:

Do a search on just Theseis. There's a whole thread on the game from last year. I'm guessing that's the one he means.

Qroach said:
I find it interesting to see people reactions to this now. When they initially annoucned it was for PS3 people were saying nothing but good things about it...

As far as I can tell, you and Alstrong are the only two people who posted in both the original Theseis thread, and in this one.

Qroach said:
search is your friend shifty, and yes, it was this forum amoung others.
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20829&highlight=Theseis
I checked that thread earlier today and still don't see what lead you to make your post:
Qroach said:
Firstly, I can't see where anyone was saying it was a PS3 title,
2) There weren't a lot of good things being said about the game, and
C) IMO, your post seems to display the most interesting reaction in this thread. ;)

Not only that, but your post in the other thread was just as defensive.
Qroach said:
it says for PC and unamed consoles. How does that mean PS3?
You were offended merely because the OP linked to the IGN/PS3 site
(http://ps3.ign.com/articles/624/624508p1.html)
and not the IGN/XBox360 site
(http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/624/624510p1.html). :LOL:

-aldo

Last edited by a moderator:
Titanio said:
As far as I can tell, you and Alstrong are the only two people who posted in both the original Theseis thread, and in this one.

I didn't say the SAME people, i just said peoples reactions are different That was a general statement not a specific to a person. I really don't see why you even needed to add that comment.

I checked that thread earlier today and still don't see what lead you to make your post:

I'm sure you'll see what you want to see. in the end is it worth arguing over?

Firstly, I can't see where anyone was saying it was a PS3 title,
2) There weren't a lot of good things being said about the game, and
C) IMO, your post seems to display the most interesting reaction in this thread.

Firstly, Why are you attacking me? am I not entitled to my opnion? I think I am thanks. In the old thread I pointed out that nothing originally said it was for PS3 which was odd for a article written by PS3 IGN (or even Xbox IGN). If you read the thread you'd notice JVD even says "sorry ign ps3 is talking about it coming to the console".

2) Some people liked it, and some were more skeptical about the images seen. Also note i said this forum and OTHERS. Not only B3D.

Not only that, but your post in the other thread was just as defensive.
That's nonsense. what was there to be defensive about? Ign's investigative reporting? That article should have stayed on IGN PC until the game was really annouced for any specific consoles. It's not the first time IGN has done this and looked stupid for it.

You were offended merely because the OP linked to the IGN/PS3 site and not the IGN/XBox360 site
At the time it wasn't annouced for EITHER console, which means the game hadn't recieved concept approval and/or a publisher. I would have said the same if the Xbox 360 link was posted (never saw that at the time I posted btw) don't matter really. It was just IGN being themselves and making articles out of nothing in an effort to keep readership. if you think i was offended because the link was for IGN PS3, go ahead. I was more offended that ign duped people (again) into thinking some unofficial game was coming out for either console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back