Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam Screens! (Wii)

Ben-Nice said:
Negative. The only thing worse than the graphics is how those people look playing the game.

actually the one nice thing about those pics are the how the players look while trying to pull some stunt - now that's interactivity!

The higher res shots look like they are using really crappy upscaling and all the shots look absurdly low contrast and understaturated as well. I'm guessing the game looks noteably better than what the shots show, but I'm not expecting much after seeing what they have done with the franchise on the 360.

kyleb said:
but I'm not expecting much after seeing what they have done with the franchise on the 360.

True Neversoft doesn't produce nice graphics, American wastelands and Gun on X360 are a disgrace.

Ugly.

I hope other games look much much better because if they look like this or just a little better than GC quality the most they could have just made the Wii controller a peripheral for the GC :???:

This game seems to be making the old "square peg in a round hole" mistake, only now with the bonus of mediocore graphics.

It's like someone decided to take Tony Hawk from another platform, do just enough to get the controller to work, and then put it on the revolution.

For Nintendo's sake, I hope this kind of 3rd party support is the exception, not the rule.

I'm sure Neversoft is still basically using the same engine they used in Tony Hawk 3 for PS2, they have been milking that cow ever since and I basically have completely lost my interest on the series. Neversoft needs to pick their game up big time.

I don't know what Neversoft is thinking. That thing looks worse than contemporary GCN games.

Graphics aside, is this pretty much supposed to be a skateboard version of Downhill Domination?

anybody see the HD trailer of the xbox360/ps3 version on gametrailers.com
looks very nice, has me hyped for tony hawk all over again.

not amazing graphics, but seems they are focusing on animations, which look great imo.

Bad_Boy said:
anybody see the HD trailer of the xbox360/ps3 version on gametrailers.com
looks very nice, has me hyped for tony hawk all over again.

not amazing graphics, but seems they are focusing on animations, which look great imo.

Ya everyone should check this out, they released the Tony Hawk Project 8 trailer and it is SICK. Not the most visually impressive game around, but compared to last years Tony Hawk it's lightyears ahead.

scooby_dooby said:
Ya everyone should check this out, they released the Tony Hawk Project 8 trailer and it is SICK. Not the most visually impressive game around, but compared to last years Tony Hawk it's lightyears ahead.

Is that the video with the guy skating on the side of a curb for about 8 seconds in a dark area?

mckmas8808 said:
Is that the video with the guy skating on the side of a curb for about 8 seconds in a dark area?
nah, its a new one. the animations look spot on. graphics dont look bad either. i havent been this happy about a new tony hawk since ps1. music helps with the whole vibe also, even though i dont listen to that type of music. :p

its a great trailer

mckmas8808 said:

No, it's a real demo, about 2 minutes long, shows tons of animations. Like BB said, I'm excited for Tony Hawk again :oops: didn't think that would happen

64x128 Textures? No Mip-Mapping?

Great technical showing, here.

Back