Tomb Raider: Underworld

Maaaaaaybe....
:devilish:

As far as being able to play in the mansion any time you want, well... the teaser should have given you a hint as to where the mansion comes in. :p

:(

that sucks. I like messing around in there when i get stuck, or bored of the main adventure.

And careful now with the "Maybeee...." - get that on Gaf, and it could spoil the plot.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, Those modelling contracts only cover promotion for 1 game at a time. In the case of Karima Adebibe, it ended up being promotion for both Legend and Anniversary, but Anniversary was a one-off budget production that was going in parallel with Underworld, so there was little sense in signing on someone new at the time.

In any case, that's neither here nor there. Lusting after women is something we're anyway destined to do as males, so that's an aside to the game itself. At the very least, in the video that Conay linked, you also briefly get to see two new screens from the Thailand level (right around 0:40-ish). Not necessarily the best ones IMO, but the ones I think have the most impact would hardly look very good in a low-res streamed video feed anyway.

AFAIK, Those modelling contracts only cover promotion for 1 game at a time. In the case of Karima Adebibe, it ended up being promotion for both Legend and Anniversary, but Anniversary was a one-off budget production that was going in parallel with Underworld, so there was little sense in signing on someone new at the time.

In any case, that's neither here nor there. Lusting after women is something we're anyway destined to do as males, so that's an aside to the game itself. At the very least, in the video that Conay linked, you also briefly get to see two new screens from the Thailand level (right around 0:40-ish). Not necessarily the best ones IMO, but the ones I think have the most impact would hardly look very good in a low-res streamed video feed anyway.

A Tiger. Rarr.:smile:

looks like Uncharted Raider. ;)
That's number 47... at least 47 that I've personally spotted to make a comment along those lines in the time since the trailer came out.

If you're willing to stomach lower video quality and seemingly jumpier playback (at least for me it's jumpy compared to the jeuxvideo stream), then you could also watch the English version on Gamespot --
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/tombraider8/index.html

That's number 47... at least 47 that I've personally spotted to make a comment along those lines in the time since the trailer came out.

If you're willing to stomach lower video quality and seemingly jumpier playback (at least for me it's jumpy compared to the jeuxvideo stream), then you could also watch the English version on Gamespot --

The jeuxvideo playback was pretty jerky for me, actually.

sorry :cry: didn't mean to imply that it stole the game play or anything, just that the jungle scenes look equally as delicious, so it's a compliment in that regard.

I understand that they are two very different types of games. UC is more like GoW game play where TR is TR capable of bringing me back to my favorite game of the old days on PS1.

I also see some much more diverse environments (LOVE the underwater scenes) and a unique twist to the game play, with less explicit puzzling, which i like

looks like Uncharted Raider. ;)

I hope not! Uncharted looked great, but it's gameplay was just average. Tomb Raider Legend's gameplay was much much better. The trailer looks legit, those visuals mixed with improved Legend style gameplay would be bad ass.

Phhffpt, it's just a casual reference. Like saying Tomb Raider is like Indiana Jones is like Uncharted. Says nothing about gameplay or graphics powess. Can we get back to the game now ?

I like the non-flickering shadow.

Ok, let's try this differently. The scale and the number of polygons in the game seems to be pretty decent, but the lighting and shadowing seems very flat, and the texture detail seems to be rather weak - very little depth, few layers, and very unexciting shading. I've just looked at them in more detail on the big screen in the living room. Of course, it could be that the quality of the screenshots just isn't all that. What I did in my previous post is jump forward to trying to understand why, but I guess the reasons I thought of are a little too controversial for some. Anyway, like I said the gameplay is bound to be good considering the good stuff in Legend, so it's not likely to get in the way of the game too much. This is a graphics forum though so I'm not going to make any excuses on commenting on them. For the sake of the sanity of the thread though I will forebear any further references to 'sensitive subjects'. Sheesh.

Back