Titanfall 2 [PS4, XO]

Pfffft with your auto-aim.

Back in the day, 2 of my favorite things.
  • Q2 Threewave CTF. Grapple around the map and use the railgun to one shot people while flying around claustrophobic corridors.
  • UT. Low grav. One shot shockrifle kill maps. Dodge around the maps allow you go go insanely fast through the air for long distances. One shot people as you fly around.
    • Major drawback if you aren't super fast with target acquisition and shooting as you're a little bit of a sitting duck as you go flying around. Have to be REALLY quick with target acquisition and shots or you'll die every time you try to do it. At least with grapple hook in Q2 Threewave CTF you can reattach the grappling hook to grapple dodge in mid air.
No auto-aim or aim-assist. Ah, those were the days.

And then have people accuse you of being an aimbot. :p Or have people refuse to play those games at LAN parties because I was there (not so fun :p).

Getting old sucks. :p

Regards,
SB

There's just something so satisfying getting 9 kills with one shot (thats not a rocket). Its fun feeling so OverPowered.

There's just something so satisfying getting 9 kills with one shot (thats not a rocket). Its fun feeling so OverPowered.

being OP without doing crazy twitch-aiming, does feels awesome. hmm... more like... "zen", i think. Yeah, it was so totally "zen" when being OP with smart pistol, jumping/flying everywhere.

Too bad the smart pistol in Cyberppunk cannot target multiple enemies. But target multiple damage points in 1 enemy.

Oh my god. I just played the mission where you're going through that facility that's building the simulation prefab houses and stuff around you on moving platforms. Maybe the coolest level I've ever played in a game. Not lying. I love how Remedy is pushing dynamic environments right now with Quantum Break and Control, but this Titanfall 2 level was really beyond that. Cool platforming, inventive level design and all integrated with some really amazing playground areas for combat. I'm kind of shocked at how good it is. It's actually kind of embarrassing for other shooters. Doom is still amazing, but I really expected the Titanfall 2 campaign to play a lot more like a cod clone. Really should have played this a long time ago. Titanfall 2 is an underappreciated gem. I knew the multiplayer was overlooked, but god damn the campaign is good so far.

Pfffft with your auto-aim.

Back in the day, 2 of my favorite things.
  • Q2 Threewave CTF. Grapple around the map and use the railgun to one shot people while flying around claustrophobic corridors.
  • UT. Low grav. One shot shockrifle kill maps. Dodge around the maps allow you go go insanely fast through the air for long distances. One shot people as you fly around.
    • Major drawback if you aren't super fast with target acquisition and shooting as you're a little bit of a sitting duck as you go flying around. Have to be REALLY quick with target acquisition and shots or you'll die every time you try to do it. At least with grapple hook in Q2 Threewave CTF you can reattach the grappling hook to grapple dodge in mid air.
No auto-aim or aim-assist. Ah, those were the days.

And then have people accuse you of being an aimbot. :p Or have people refuse to play those games at LAN parties because I was there (not so fun :p).

Getting old sucks. :p

Regards,
SB
the hey days are over, but at least we can still reminisce

I never could get into Quake Grapple back in the days, but I really got into TitanFall 1 and 2 with it's grapple system.

Played a few hours of this yesterday. Amazing outdoor visuals and looks like it's about 1440p on PS4 Pro so nice and sharp. The Mechwarrior esque action is pretty fun, while the on-foot play is an interesting combination of Mirror's Edge and a solid shooter. Definitely worth at least those $5. :)

I particularly enjoyed the Titan flame cannon. Its bubble shield feature ignites the attacking foot soldiers when you get close to them. This was pleasing. Hehe.

Last edited:
Really good campaign but has little things that make it feel old like the loading screens. The level design itself is A+. Gameplay is A+. Story I’d give it a solid B. Good enough for a game. Nothing remarkable.

Really good campaign but has little things that make it feel old like the loading screens. The level design itself is A+. Gameplay is A+. Story I’d give it a solid B. Good enough for a game. Nothing remarkable.
I finished the campaign a couple of days ago myself. I enjoyed the mix of on-foot Mirror's Edge-esque shooting and the Shogo style robot action. That mission with the time travel aspect was reminiscent of Dishonored 2's timepiece. It was a short game though and the story was forgettable. I was surprised BT wasn't voiced by Christopher Judge.

Anyone has been following the move EA/Respawn made to troll/blueball titanfall 2 gamers?
They suddenly

• Fixed the servers
  • Make dlc in game store work again
  • Regularly changed the in-game message to welcome returning players, then changed to cryptic messages
  • Regularly released time limited '???' game modes that has never been released ever, in the past
Now even operagx Twitter is jumping in the trolling...

Back