The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Man this game has the most fluctuating resolution news to date it's so irritating.
Why can't CDPR just lock the game at 1080p/30 on PS4 at whatever the cost to save for the uproar otherwise? If it's already running at 900p for Xbone at E3 then it really shouldn't be that much of a trouble to hit 1080p on PS4 or at worst tone down some stuffs here and there. The 1080p dividend would pay off far more I believe especially for a foliage heavy, long draw distanced game.

That interviewer is pretty clueless. "ESRAM texture streaming capabilities" and "taking advantage of PS4's unified GDDR5". Tech interviews should only be permitted by the tech savvy.

Part of B3D's media certification programme could include licensing journalists as competent to hold technical interviews. :yep2:

"The PS4 has a CPU that can be used. Explain?"

If this comes out at non native 1080p on the ps4, I would really be disappointed. I can go for a few less effects for the sake clarity. A blurry image is a blurry image however many effects it might have. Vice versa is also true, though, a 1080p image with low res textures and no AF and intense LOD settings would also result in a 'seemingly' blurred image (like Warframe looked initially, but they fixed it in updates).

Its a BIG world and I want to see clearly as far as possible. I can already see pop-ins and shadow pop-ins too. Not really happy as of now, but they have a lot of time till February and there's no point in judging right now. Hoping for the best !

This would probably be the worst game to drop 1080p on. Even though it makes the most sence. All the other games I can deal with, but not this one. I want IQ high with this one, I want to see far. But those developers know better than me, I'm sure they will make the right decision.

900p is not going to look blurry. You can see very fine detail at that resolution. Blurry is suddenly a number less than 1080.

900p is not going to look blurry. You can see very fine detail at that resolution. Blurry is suddenly a number less than 1080.

Well, yes and no. IQ is always going to be subjective and what the user considers to be acceptable quality. For me, 900p isn't blurry until the wrong post-processing effect or AA solution that's being applied... but then again this is also true for 1080p. Let's say a nice AA solution is being used, then smaller objects, foliage, draw-distance tend to look better at higher resolution, IMHO.

Now that I'm gaming at 4K, all consoles resolutions seem subdued... lacking certain fine, VERY FINE details going beyond 1080p. In the end, all the sh** is subjective to ones taste.

1080p and SMAA...drop the graphics down a bit if you have to. i'd like native 1:1 for my TV...subpixel crawl is really annoying to me

Maybe I think the xbox one version will be 900p is because the demo shown at Ms E3 conference was 900p and confirmed to be running on the Xbox One. Why are you so convinced it wont be? Because thuway said it was 720p early this year in january?
Oh and here is your link. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-combat-was-deliberately-easy-cd-projekt-says

Last edited by a moderator:
If this comes out at non native 1080p on the ps4, I would really be disappointed. I can go for a few less effects for the sake clarity. A blurry image is a blurry image however many effects it might have. Vice versa is also true, though, a 1080p image with low res textures and no AF and intense LOD settings would also result in a 'seemingly' blurred image (like Warframe looked initially, but they fixed it in updates).

Its a BIG world and I want to see clearly as far as possible. I can already see pop-ins and shadow pop-ins too. Not really happy as of now, but they have a lot of time till February and there's no point in judging right now. Hoping for the best !

:yep2:

Maybe I think the xbox one version will be 900p is because the demo shown at Ms E3 conference was 900p and confirmed to be running on the Xbox One. Why are you so convinced it wont be? Because thuway said it was 720p early this year in january?
Oh and here is your link. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-combat-was-deliberately-easy-cd-projekt-says

I'm okay with 900p upscaled honestly. 1080p would be sweet. So is 60fps. But it's never taken away from my enjoyment of the game. As long as they can get it locked 30fps that would truly be ideal.

Just working through witcher 2 right now. So much better than Witcher 1 [which after a while I gave up and watched the 3 hour movie]. But I might be too much of a Bioware guy, something about this game isn't catching me whole and I'm not sure what.

But I might be too much of a Bioware guy, something about this game isn't catching me whole and I'm not sure what.

Witcher 2 was awesome, I finished that one. It definitely has it's own feel just like like Elder Scrolls/Fallout games have their own feel, Metro 2033/Last light have their own feel, and so on. It's worth sticking through it.

So, PS4 is 1080p and they're working on getting XB1 to 1080p. Oh, now I see what's going on... the PR dance. Thanks for the link. :cool:

A 900p resolution is CD Projekt's "minimum", Mamais said. "We will hit 900p no problem. We'd like to get it up to 1080p on Xbox One. That's our goal. Whether we can do it or not I don't know. We've got to squeeze everything we can out of the hardware.

"Microsoft and Sony say 900p is the sweet spot, and there's not a lot of difference visually between 900p and 1080p, but it's a hot topic now. So that's what my goal is."

To this end, CD Projekt is working directly with Microsoft engineers to try to improve the game's performance on Xbox One.

As expected, on PlayStation 4 Witcher 3 outputs at 1080p resolution.

"It's just a slightly more powerful machine," Mamais said. "That's pretty known. But I think in the longer run everything is going to be on both platforms running at 1080p. It's just taking developers longer to do it than they expected because the architecture is a little more challenging on the Xbox One.

So, PS4 is 1080p and they're working on getting XB1 to 1080p. Oh, now I see what's going on... the PR dance. Thanks for the link. :cool:

Damn man whats up with the attitude? Did you read the last page of this thread?
I was responding to the article saying the Ps4 may not hit 1080p. Hence both versions might end up being 900p. Dont get mad you didnt realize the X1 version was already at 900p.
Noone was even discussing the fact one machine is more powerful.(It is common knowledge). It is not some mega huge deal if both versions end up the same res.
Im not sure why you are so upset.

"Microsoft and Sony say 900p is the sweet spot, and there's not a lot of difference visually between 900p and 1080p, but it's a hot topic now. So that's what my goal is."

Great. Just wanted I didn't want to hear. 900p is the sweet spot, but they're going for 1080p because it's a hot topic. Hooray.

Damn man whats up with the attitude? Did you read the last page of this thread?
I was responding to the article saying the Ps4 may not hit 1080p. Hence both versions might end up being 900p. Dont get mad you didnt realize the X1 version was already at 900p.
Noone was even discussing the fact one machine is more powerful.(It is common knowledge). It is not some mega huge deal if both versions end up the same res.
Im not sure why you are so upset.

I can 101% guarantee you I will never be upset dealing with PS4 or any other gaming machine... PC maybe. ;)

Anyhow, hopefully both will be a solid 30fps, maybe they will get XB1 up to maybe 912p.

Great. Just wanted I didn't want to hear. 900p is the sweet spot, but they're going for 1080p because it's a hot topic. Hooray.

Did Sony actually say that, or the developer playing with words? I can't imagine Sony even muttering those particular words.

Did Sony actually say that, or the developer playing with words? I can't imagine Sony even muttering those particular words.

Maybe not. Just don't like the idea he's suggesting they're targeting 1080p because it's a hot button issue, rather than what they'd do if they made the decision on their own.

Maybe not. Just don't like the idea he's suggesting they're targeting 1080p because it's a hot button issue, rather than what they'd do if they made the decision on their own.

The 1080p checkmark box game is strictly Sony/MS fault... MS promising 4K gaming at some point, Sony promising 1080p for all it's game, hell Sony PS4 website tag line is "New games and more in 1080p". So I can't fault gamers for wanting more, especially higher resolutions... especially since PC gamers have been gaming at 1080p with decent frame-rates, for more than a decade now (now embracing 4k).

Well, BF4 and Watch Dogs is blurry when compared to INfamous, Diablo3 on my same screen. If given a choice, I don't want that blur at all. It feels wrong to me , as if its smudgy. I don't like it at all. Personally, I can go for fewer effects to get that clarity.

Hope they can hit it.

Back