The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I'm going into this assuming it's getting treatment similar to what TW1 and TW2 got. Granted, it's taken longer for the graphics/engine upgrade to arrive compared to TW 1 and 2, but at least it's finally coming.

Thus, I'd expect improved textures (materials, etc.), improvement in some models and improved shaders at the very least. Improved world geometry is probably too much to ask for (unless they secretly switched to UE5 and are using nanite extensively which is definitely far too much to ask for), but it's possible we'll see use of POM to improve the look of some world geometry.

Regards,
SB

RT shadows and better color grading look like the big takeaways for me. Still looks very much like Witcher 3 and not in a good way.

Last edited:
Lots of good stuff in the next gen patch, including improved visuals (particularly on consoles - textures are what was PC ultra), and new camera, control and UI options - and supported for the haptics on the DualSense controller. Foliage has been reworked and it no longer looked like there is a perma-hurricane.

Lots of good stuff in the next gen patch, including improved visuals (particularly on consoles - textures are what was PC ultra), and new camera, control and UI options - and supported for the haptics on the DualSense controller. Foliage has been reworked and it no longer looked like there is a perma-hurricane.
Hopefully it still reacts properly to rough weather, it did feel really nice.

Hopefully it still reacts properly to rough weather, it did feel really nice.
In the Twitch stream, they said they had redone the environmental and weather systems. It was quite impressive how many things they did do, including a complete dub in Chinese for the first time. Given how much dialogue there is in the game, that alone must have taken months.

Resolution is truly dead now that Witcher has FSR2 on console. Dynamic res and temporal upscaling should be the standard this gen or what are you doing.

I feel like metro Exodus could have used FSR2 on console as well
exodus enhanced edition was released before fsr2 exists

They should do a psvr2 compatible version.
I would love this, but given how janky the Witcher 3 first person mods are, it's probably really difficult. Rockstar had to remake whole mechanics for GTA V's first person mode.

Back