The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

That's excellent news, I had mentally written this off after the earlier announcement.

Why does the thread title say [Cancelled: XBSX|S, PS5]

At one point it looked like the current-gen upgrade was entirely cancelled. It was a result of the studio tasked with the update being in Russia and Putin starting a war with Ukraine. Referenced @ https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2249610/

We have decided to have our in-house development team conduct the remaining work on the next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. We are currently evaluating the scope of work to be done and thus have to postpone Q2 release until further notice.

We'll update you as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding.

At one point it looked like the current-gen upgrade was entirely cancelled. It was a result of the studio tasked with the update being in Russia and Putin starting a war with Ukraine. Referenced @ https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2249610/

But it clearly says there that the remaining work was to be done in-house. Development hell rumors where quickly addressed and dismissed by CD Project as well.

Anyway, by now it’s pretty clear that it is not cancelled.

For most gamers the phrase "postponed until further notice" = delayed indefinitely = cancelled.
If you take the whole message into context it has a different meaning, specially the part where they mention they're evaluating the scope of the work that must be done before they commit to a date, but title is corrected so I'm happy to leave it at that.

But it clearly says there that the remaining work was to be done in-house. Development hell rumors where quickly addressed and dismissed by CD Project as well.
It does, but you may recall this came around the same time as the announcement of CDPR adopting Unreal for future projects. This led to many, myself included, wondering if CDPR would just drop Witcher 3 given the profitability of this title is questionable - because it'll be a free update for the millions who already own Witcher 3.

But after Cyberpunk, CDPR can do with all the good PR they can get so maybe they figured it's worth completing what they started. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm happy anyway, and I may replay W3 NextGen to fill the Starfield-shaped RPG void :cry:

It does, but you may recall this came around the same time as the announcement of CDPR adopting Unreal for future projects. This led to many, myself included, wondering if CDPR would just drop Witcher 3 given the profitability of this title is questionable - because it'll be a free update for the millions who already own Witcher 3.

But after Cyberpunk, CDPR can do with all the good PR they can get so maybe they figured it's worth completing what they started. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm happy anyway, and I may replay W3 NextGen to fill the Starfield-shaped RPG void :cry:
I understand that people may assume anything they want, but IMO until something is confirmed it shouldn't make it into the thread title. If a developer says a title is delayed, is exclusive to one platform, is canceled, etc, etc, etc, it is until proven otherwise, no matter what people believe, assume or is rumored, is it not?

I understand that people may assume anything they want, but IMO until something is confirmed it shouldn't make it into the thread title. If a developer says a title is delayed, is exclusive to one platform, is canceled, etc, etc, etc, it is until proven otherwise, no matter what people believe, assume or is rumored, is it not?

I'm not dismissing your point or anything but this didn't bother me. I don't disagree that ideally thread titles should be be accurate, but this is not the BBC, Reuters or a court of law, this place is just a bunch of idiots writing words about stuff :yes:

Is there any information on what they're actually doing for this next-gen update?

My expectations:
-Same textures as before
-Same Models as before
-RT will tank frames and only change a few pixels
-Load times will remain the same, or possibly slightly worse

Back