The stig's identity

Cheezdoodles

+ 1
Veteran
Just saw the episode, im very impressed. :p

After seeing how the stig has whiped the floor with everybody on racing challenges (vs pro racers), I knew he was going to be a very good racer but didn't know that they got the best!

Michael Schumacher!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It was obviously just a gag (and Jezza said in a later program that Michael didn't seem to understand what they were going on about). First, only Michael drives Michaels own Ferrari FXX. Second, he refused to drive the Suzuki so the producers made another gag about Michael not being the Stig because he couldn't drive the Suzuki well.

Anyway, it was pretty fun and it still probably is Ben Collins and many others who are The Stig.

I think The Stig actually is The Stig and that some people just cant handle the truth of a creature like The Stig existing.
Well, he is, allegedly, a very odd creature...
Some say he never blinks, and that he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves...

• Some say he’s wanted by the CIA, and that he sleeps upside down like a bat...

• Some say he appears on high value stamps in Sweden, and that he can catch fish with his tongue...

• Some say he is illegal in 17 US states, and he blinks horizontally...
...and that he mutates from episode to episode.

Some say he looks and sounds like Ben Collins

Some say it really doesn't matter.

As far as racing drivers go he's very average, they cannot really confirm who the stig really is having built him up for the last 4 or 5 years.

Because thats what his record suggest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Collins_(driver)

Look how close the F1 drivers have got to his time with limited practice laps, Hamilton was almost as quick in the wet as "the stig" was in the dry.

(Obviously I mean average for a racing driver, he's probably in the top 2 or 3 percent including the rest of us)

What could "Stig" mean, where would they come up with it?
The only thing I can think of is "Stig" Blomqvist. But he most probably isn't it... as the name has been used for the black Stig before the current white Stig, and that wasn't him. Unless, ofcourse, it's all an elaborate plot to keep us all guessing :)

Because thats what his record suggest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Collins_(driver)

Look how close the F1 drivers have got to his time with limited practice laps, Hamilton was almost as quick in the wet as "the stig" was in the dry.

(Obviously I mean average for a racing driver, he's probably in the top 2 or 3 percent including the rest of us)

But the Stig is The Stig and not Ben Collins so you are wrong.

"He" is very probably several people playing the role.

The Stig got cloned?!

tongue, I am not sure if you are just keeping the mystique or you really believe the stig isn't Ben (which it is)

Anyway, each Powerlap that remains on the board has been done by either black Stig (Perry) or white stig (Ben)

As far as I know there has only been two "other" stigs that did power laps and that was Kovalainen in the Renault F1 car and Schumacher in his FXX.

Back