The Olympics

Sweden was better, in this game.

Finland didn't play nearly as well as in previous games - especially the second period was horrible. They just stopped moving like they did and should have done, and for some reason the defense, which was brilliant before, now kept backing off towards own goal. Lots and lots of missed shots. Still, Niittymäki didn't let anyone score a goal in a 'normal' playing situation during the whole tournament! Sweden's two first goals were on powerplay, and the winning goal was 4vs4.

So, even though the last game wasn't good, overall this was porbably the best tournament for Finland, ever. Bah, lost by one goal.

Yay!
nana2.gif

Skrying said:
I've actually really enjoyed the speed skating, and a lot of the skiing. Other than that, I find the majority of the winter Olympics to be very boring.

NBC did a nice piece on the Dutch speed-skating fans. That was cool.

DudeMiester said:
Regardless of what Canada's hockey team didn't do, Canada has had an excellent Olympics, running mostly on estrogen-power though, lol! :LOL:

Here! Here! Cindy Klassen owns this years Olympics. :D

While I love the winter Olympics, espically the speed skating, I would really love to see the following;

1. Skating down the Bob Sled track.
2. Paint Ball Biathlon (opponents as targets)
3. Curling where the aim is to smash your opponents rock into pieces.

nelg said:
While I love the winter Olympics, espically the speed skating, I would really love to see the following;

1. Skating down the Bob Sled track.
2. Paint Ball Biathlon (opponents as targets)
3. Curling where the aim is to smash your opponents rock into pieces.

For the third point, you just need to substite the type of granite used to make the stones: the one used is the only one that doesn't indeed "explode" after a few "hits".
And, about speed skating, three cheers for our own champion Enrico Fabris :D

Back