The Official RV630/RV610 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Anand's Computex coverage:

From what information we could gather so far, it appears the upcoming product release of the HD 2600 and HD 2400 video cards from AMD/ATI are in a bit of trouble at this point. While the designs have been set and product is ready to be mass-produced, the various graphic card suppliers are waiting on final chipset silicon that is in the process of being released. We expect to see product within the next three to four weeks at best with performance coming in slightly below the current midrange products from NVIDIA.

Dual HD 2600s @ Computex:

GeCube:

[urlhttp://img378.imageshack.us/img378/4755/ce1okgjpwbaqsiw2.jpg[/url]
[MG]http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/4270/ceknnewkbdnqevf7.jpg[/IMG]

DDR2? :|

Ehh thats sucks, AIB's try to confuse the users, like powercolor with hd2400xt 64bit with gddr3 memory, and now gecube with dual hd2600xt with ddr2 memory, i don't think its a mistype because AIB's always show memory speed as ddr speed, and its say 1.0ghz, so its 2.0ns ddr2 memory :rolleyes:
MSI dual card has gddr3 memory, and sapphire cards looks like has gddr3 too.

Some Gigabyte HD2xxx card with passive cooling:
hd2400xt gddr3
Picture%20033.JPG

hd2400pro ddr2
Picture%20035.JPG

hd2600xt gddr3
Picture%20037.JPG

Some Gecube hd2xxx card:
hd2400pro
Picture%20081.JPG

hd2600xt gddr3
Picture%20078.JPG

hd2600xt gddr4
Picture%20079.JPG

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
One gets a sense of enough variety there as to imply signifcant lead time with samples, given we are still a few weeks away from channel availability.

Is it just me or do all GDDR4 cards shown so far have a dual-slot cooler? Is it to differentiate the (presumably more expensive) cards or due to real thermal necessity?

Thermals for memory aren't too significantly, and you may even find that 1.1 GDDR4 is fairly similar in terms of heat / power of the 800MHz GDDR3 for the GDDR3 version of the XT. The reference board for the GDDR4 XT is also single slot.

Is it just me or do all GDDR4 cards shown so far have a dual-slot cooler? Is it to differentiate the (presumably more expensive) cards or due to real thermal necessity?

Powercolor using reference cooler

I think most of the AIB's using custom coolers because with this coolers there is a bigger space for OC'ing, this is good for the users too not need to change the reference cooler for a better one.
Maybe we see xt gddr4 cards from powercolor too with custom coolers like the gddr3 version.

Sapphire Prepares 2 More HD 2600s
Sapphire Technology has two new ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT models on display at Computex 2007. The two new ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT models include an AGP model and a new lower cost PCI Express model. The new Sapphire HD 2600 XT features identical specifications as the PCIe counterparts with 64 unified shaders and a 128-bit memory interface. Sapphire equips the AGP model with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.
64? How?

MSI is planning a dual-RV630 card which is passively cooled:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40086

This might be rather interesting for hybrid gaming/HTPC systems (if anyone wants such a thing:smile2:). I wonder if you could run two of them in Crossfire mode? Or four of them in a quad-Crossfire rig?! :oops:

That's actually tempting if the Video Decode is up to par. And since I don't use dual displays on my HTPC, then crossfire is actually a possibility for it.

Then again, not sure if the thermal dissipation from such a beastie would overwhelm the single 9 dba 120 mm fan for the entire system. :D

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back