The Midnight Special

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
The Midnight Special on WFMT out of Chicago has been a staple in my life for as long as I can remember.

A few moths ago we got the kids some am/fm clocks so they could have alarms to wake up to school with,

(And thye do, shocker-o-shockers! Did I mention they were both doing gret this year, i'm quietly proud and noisily happy about it)

But they found out about the sleep function and fell in love with the idea of falling asleep to music, so we compromised and they ge 90 minutes a night of WFMT...one of the very finest classical stations in the country. They both love the music and it does help them fall asleep.

Except on Saturdays....

Saturdays WFMT runs a folk music/comedy/variety show called "The Midnight Specia", and it has some truly odd/different/beautiful/thought provoking stuff in it.

And my kids absolutely love it.

Tonigt as I was tucing them in Monty Python's "Spam" skit was just starting. They fell in lofe and when i went to check on them they were dancing around the bed together singing "Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam!" :LOL:

It's Saturday,I'll let them have their fun tohignt The show will end in an hour or so and they'll go to sleep then.

Back