The LAST R600 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a better Google translation of that Demo news here.

Today, we received some new DX10 exaggerated figures on the ATI folks, "Ruby" and more about employing DEMO exaggerated process.

In the latest DX10 employing DEMO, the Ruby on a twin sister. The Ruby twin sister's name is Jade. DX9 version of the "Ruby" demo among the forces of darkness. DX10 in this version of the "Ruby" demo, taking as hostages to Jade, Ruby hopes to lure trap here, Ruby must re-enter the tiger's den to play heroic roles.

Another source Ruby in China employing DEMO version DX10 them together and her twin sister Jade conspiracy to crush the forces of darkness.

AMD acquisition of ATI by the impact of the DX10 in employing DEMO. While still maintaining Ruby red theme, Ruby's sister Jade green highlights the theme of AMD. After the acquisition of ATI and AMD to victory on the traditional long CPUGPU integration of this processor will also felt employing DEMO. and the specific manner in which show is still unclear.

However, DX10 "Ruby" demo actual contents. or by AMD/ATI personally to the announcement in March.

It's something about Jade (Ruby's younger sister) will be the DX9 equivilent of the Ruby DX10 demo. And also seems to hint something about Jade(Green-AMD) to rescue Ruby(Red-ATI) or Visa-Vera, maybe Jade is held hostage and Ruby must resue. Who knows? It's hard to make heads or tails of the bad translation gibber. :D

Here is a better Google translation of that Demo news here.

It's something about Jade (Ruby's younger sister) will be the DX9 equivilent of the Ruby DX10 demo. And also seems to hint something about Jade(Green-AMD) to rescue Ruby(Red-ATI) or Visa-Vera, maybe Jade is held hostage and Ruby must resue. Who knows? It's hard to make heads or tails of the bad translation gibber. :D

We are already talking to her in the Ruby's kissable R600 lips hit the streets ;) (It's posted by serenity)

Anyway, I expect Jade and Ruby might be represent their "Crossfire" than the AMD recue ATi...

We are already talking to her in the Ruby's kissable R600 lips hit the streets ;) (It's posted by serenity)

Anyway, I expect Jade and Ruby might be represent their "Crossfire" than the AMD recue ATi...

But we do know Jade represents Green and Ruby Red. The combining together of AMD and ATI, a team if you will. I think they are referring more to the respective companies (AMD/ATI) rather than 2 ATI cards in crossfire. It could be either way, ya never know. :) Anyway, I'd love to be squeezed between them two sisters. :p

Ok, move my post to the other thread. ;)

But we do know Jade represents Green and Ruby Red. The combining together of AMD and ATI, a team if you will. I think they are referring more to the respective companies (AMD/ATI) rather than 2 ATI cards in crossfire. It could be either way, ya never know. :) Anyway, I'd love to be squeezed between them two sisters. :p

Ok, move my post to the other thread. ;)

You mean, "the" company.
Not two.

You mean, "the" company.
Not two.

Yes, I should have said a team of now one. Where AMD let's ATI think they are still a separate company making separate decisions when in fact AMD big wigs are calling all the shots and may dissolve any inkling of what was ATI at any time. ;)

"We know that ATI AMD has pledged to release in the first quarter of the flagship products which DirectX 10 graphics chip R600. RV630 and RV610 and may accelerate deployment of these two mainstream low-end products.
The latest rumor today revealed R600 R600 : R600 confirmed that the performance of 80nm process about large-scale production, there is no more advanced manufacturing process plans.
R600 R580 Z no-AA performance is 2.5 times FP16 filtration performance is 2.7 times the R580, FP32filtration performance is 3.9 times the R580, R580 FP16 is eight times the filtration performance.
According to the latest projections hearsay, R600 in the final core 814MHz frequency. R600 color modules, there is the possibility of unity in the 64.
In addition, the latest rumors have indicated that the RV610 graphics chip aimed at low-end markets using 65nm technology. GDDR4 Xiancun will match supply and digital PWM chip, PCB layer 800, Xiancun using the RV630 256MB/128MB 64bit DDR2; aimed at the mainstream market. using 65nm technology, a two-way electricity supply PWM chip for graphics chips. PWM chip for one-way Xiancun electricity supply Xiancun for 2x256MB 128bit GDDR4 specifications.
However, R600/RV630/RV610 final specifications or other graphics chip to AMD ATI official announcement."
http://google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.mydrivers.com%2Fpages%2F20070201175345_82812.htm&langpair=zh-CN%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

"Xiancun using the RV630 256MB/128MB 64bit DDR2; aimed at the mainstream market."
64bit ddr2 mainstream card? looks like this is only google translate fault, with babelfish this part looks ok ;)

Babelfish version:
"Moreover, the newest hearsay also demonstrated that, uses the 65nm craft in view of the low end market RV610 graph chip, will match GDDR4 to reveal saves with the digital PWM power supply chip, PCB achieved 8, will reveal saves uses 256MB/128MB 64bit DDR2; In view of mainstream market RV630, uses the 65nm craft, uses the bidirectional power supply the PWM chip for the graph chip power supply, the unidirectional power supply PWM chip for reveals saves the power supply, reveals saves is 2x256MB 128bit the GDDR4 specification."

Last edited by a moderator:
R600 R580 Z no-AA performance is 2.5 times
This seems to imply ~26000 Z samples per second (c.f. 10400 in R580).

At ~800MHz, that's 32 ROPs.

The 2.7 times speed-up for fp16, seemingly for render targets, (rather than 2.5 times) perhaps refers to the fp compression that R600 uses, being slightly more bandwidth-efficient than in R580?

That's pretty much all I can discern there. Seems like pretty shaky ground to me.

Jawed

jesus can we just get some leaked benches?

Yeah, it seems to me that keeping info on the product tight like this is counterintuitive at this point. The hardcore crowd right now needs a reason not to buy ever cheaper G80's, especially at the performance level they provide. I mean the product is late; at least give us something to whet our appetites. Even leaked inflated, best case, pr performance figures would be nice.

It is late in comparison to the G80, but it seems to me that the mainstream and low end cards will be out around the same time as nVidia's offerings.
Very, very doubtful. ATI's almost certainly going to be trailing there as well. But we'll see. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back