The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah the density and the quality of the foliage is nuts, it feels like the engine could literally keep cramp them in every surface and still got room to spare that kind of dense. And then you have the gorgeous volumetric true HDR lighting and indirect lighting to maximize the look of those foliage in their true potential, it's quite an unique experience alright, not to mention every blade of grass moves as you wade through them. ND's PS5 title would be insane.

I expect a 60 fps mode for the PS5 at the very least. One thing I appreciate is that they didn't sacrifice responsiveness for the sake of animation, somehow they combined state of the art animation and kept it extremely responsive, it doesn't feel slugish to play like RDR 2 does.
I'm not sure about the "It’s like nothing that anyone has ever seen in games." though.....

I haven't seen anything like the facial animations during gameplay in any game I've played, both enemies and allies have extremely believable expressions during combat, I'll try to get a video of it.

Oooh.. I found an 'accessibility' option for auto pickup. You walk over/next to something, you auto pick it up!

Definitely recommended unless you like hammering Triangle! :yep2:

These menu is a treasure:

You can change FOV and camera distance in the motion sickness submenu.

You can change combat, such that aiming goes into slow motion, like days gone.

There is a million interesting options :)

I'm not sure about the "It’s like nothing that anyone has ever seen in games." though.....

Again they create games, it is not your case or maybe you have an example of exactly the same system somewhere else.

People in the industry are followed by other people in the industry if is not the case someone will probably tell them.

These menu is a treasure:

I kind of zoomed through it but left most of the settings on their default/'normal' settings but tweaked a few like disabling button mashing (that got old on the Commodore 64), enabling auto pick-up, set the 'listen mode speed to max etc.

I do like that listen mode only identifies items you can pick up, i.e. it doesn't show ammo/resources you're maxed out on but I couldn't find an option which allowed identified items to remain visible in the HUD on screen once listen mode was disengaged though so I feel I spend an inordinate amount of time in crouched-listen mode trying to find lootable items. This is the biggest annoyance because the environments are so massive you do need to go everywhere and items which are dropped on the ground by enemies in grass are real hard to see.

You can change combat, such that aiming goes into slow motion, like days gone.
That I missed! For me, I think this messes with combat too much but I really like that there are a bunch of options for people to tweak the game to their preferences.

I do wish they had changed the inventory system though because not being able to carry more than 16 pistol rounds or 8 shotgun shells is weird. I think items having weight and Ellie having a max weight capacity (or a noise/movement-speed-penalty) for going over would have been more interesting, let me decide what to carry. If I want 50 shotgun shells, and a dozen Molotov's that should be my choice. There are some skills that allow carrying types of very specific ammo but others it's quite limited.

We're on Day 3 Seattle.

So after 28 hours and finishing the game, I have to say that I will have to play the game over again at some point and it will definitely be on the PS5 but at this moment I can't play it again right after finishing it because it is tough and I can see many people having psychological issues after playing this game(you really shouldn't be playing this game if you have mental health trauma). That said, the game is phenomenal in it's story telling although a lot of people will hate it and a lot will love it(sounds familiar i.e. Death Stranding). The graphics are amazing. The sound is really good. The gameplay is really good. Definitely my GOTY.

I can't play it again right after finishing it because it is tough and I can see many people having psychological issues after playing this game(you really shouldn't be playing this game is you have mental health trauma).

We're a little way into day 3, we just found..
the boat on the way to the Aquarium
Without spoiling anything regarding plot points beyond, can you expand on this comment? Me my other half (who is a clinical psychologist for the UK's National Health Service) do not "get" this reaction that a lot of reviewers have had. Is this to do with events that come later or are we just latent digital sociopaths? Right now, we're merrily murdering everybody who wronged us. And their dog!

Reactions: JPT
We're a little way into day 3, we just found..
the boat on the way to the Aquarium
Without spoiling anything regarding plot points beyond, can you expand on this comment? Me my other half (who is a clinical psychologist for the UK's National Health Service) do not "get" this reaction that a lot of reviewers have had. Is this to do with events that come later or are we just latent digital sociopaths? Right now, we're merrily murdering everybody who wronged us. And their dog!
Later.

The game changes dramatically after day 3. My comment above though is near the end and you are not even close to the end if I think I know where you are at this point in time. i.e. Ellie

Last edited:
some people won't be playing golf anymore after playing this game.
haha, did you spot the brains on the golf club? Also at some point in the game I shot a guy in the head and noticed his brains flying. I had a look at it and there were pieces on the ground. Is it really brains? I can't say but I would like to think it is.

OMG the psychology manipulation ND keeps doing is crazy good. I wont even be surprised if actually the director or someone higher ups actually didnt tell the dev team about the whole story to also fool/misled them.

What I really enjoyed was that there is a few moments in the game that reminds me of TLOU. Only about two or three but the most obvious one is the scene with Ellie and David in the restaurant in TLOU.

haha, did you spot the brains on the golf club? Also at some point in the game I shot a guy in the head and noticed his brains flying. I had a look at it and there were pieces on the ground. Is it really brains? I can't say but I would like to think it is.
Somewhere out there this guy is feeling proud.
negan.jpg

Also love the quiet moment when Ellie is playing guitar "Take On Me" to Dina, maybe it's Ashley Johnson's sweet voice but that scene was just so perfect.

www.bbc.com/news/technology-53093613
Last of Us Part II: Is this the most accessible game ever?

The first time Steve Saylor fired up the hotly-anticipated new game The Last of Us Part II, he burst into tears.

"Y'all don't even know how much..." he says between sobs in his video of the moment, which has now had nearly half a million views.

"I'm sorry. I don't even know what to say."

Steve is legally blind, and was looking at the overwhelming accessibility options menu.

Last edited:
Watching a playthrough of this and loving every minute of it. The attention to detail is truly atonishing especially considering the player was jogging past through all the lush environments.
The many detailed rooms reminded me of those Unreal engine architecture walkthrough. Only issue is as with those demos is that it is understandably a little too static with Ellie running into objects, tables and not seeing anything move much.
Hopefully something next gen will sort out.

Later.

The game changes dramatically after day 3. My comment above though is near the end and you are not even close to the end if I think I know where you are at this point in time. i.e. Ellie

We just played another couple of hours. We clearly still have a lot of game to go, but yeah.

Fuck!

Back