The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Played for about 3 hours. Got to Seattle (not spoiler).
Jackson was graphically nice but Seattle is a whole new level of eye candy.
It really does remind me of the times I've taken hikes on trails in Seattle with the dense vegetation.

So far the LGBT stuff is there but I don't find it unpleasing. The ambush is much more impactful, especially for someone that pretty much escaped all the spoilers.

Riight about here. Sorry for stream quality, but just remember it all looks much better on a TV.

Last edited:
just my luck. turns out to finish downloading, you need firmware 7.51. Despite the download can start just fine in firmware 7.50. It'll only download the first playable part, and then refuse to continue and prompting me for FW update.
Sony probably signed the first launch pkg with 7.50 firmware keys but they signed the next pkg with 7.51 keys. bloody hell.

EDIT:

anyone else got character model glitching? Its as if the animation got repeated to switch back and forth between current frame and frame #0 for a few times for the first few seconds on the start of a cutscene.

and i need to find a toggle for chromatic aberration.

Last edited:
anyone else got character model glitching? Its as if the animation got repeated to switch back and forth between current frame and frame #0 for a few times for the first few seconds on the start of a cutscene.

Nope, haven't seen that. Try restarting your system?

Wow I'm sorry but you obviously don't have children. I was wanting Joel to do exactly what he did as soon as he found out she had to die. So I suppose I'm exactly what's wrong with humanity.

Even if your child's own biggest dream and sense of purpose in life was to get that chance to sacrifice herself? Do you raise your childrem for their own sake of for yours. That was joel's selfishness. A common paternal kind of selfishness, and certainly an understandable/relatable one. But still a mistake. It should have been up to Ellie to decide. He did not even stop to think about what SHE would have wanted.

The fireflies were also in the wrong to not have given her a chance to say it, that is also true. But two wrongs don't make a right. Both should have waited for Ellie to get conscious and given her the choice. Even as a 14 year old, I think that chick, having gone through what she had, and in the circumstancea of that harsh world (most other kids mature much quicker too) she was defenetly big enough to make the call. And I'd bet all my money she'd chose to take a chance with the cure, be them docs sketch or not.

I hope meta is ready to scrub their site clean of user reviews tommorow. Some streamers have already be forced into not streaming the game due to alt right nonsense

Even if your child's own biggest dream and sense of purpose in life was to get that chance to sacrifice herself? Do you raise your childrem for their own sake of for yours. That was joel's selfishness. A common paternal kind of selfishness, and certainly an understandable/relatable one. But still a mistake. It should have been up to Ellie to decide. He did not even stop to think about what SHE would have wanted.

Yes damn right I wouldn't let a young teenager commit suicide for some pie in the sky dream that probably has a less than ten percent chance of working.

Yes damn right I wouldn't let a young teenager commit suicide for some pie in the sky dream that probably has a less than ten percent chance of working.

Yup. 14, or perhaps 15 by the time The Last of Us is in its final chapter, I would question whether this is an age where somebody is emotionally mature enough to make that decision. You variety have any experience of life at this age, so how can you fully judge if you are ready to surrender it?

The game is invoking discussion about morality and tough issues. Isn't that a sign that its serving its intended purposes?

Everybody dancing around the narrative, conscious, violence issues has more almost more intrigued than wanting to play for the gameplay itself. The game is ready, the PS4 is updated, once I'm finished with work I hope to dive it for a while. My other half is not working but she is going to wait. We're both looking forward to this but we're equally a bit apprehensive. My fiancé is a psychologist so she is really intrigued from a professional standpoint where the game is going to take us, as well as being an avid gamer.

Seriously considering getting a used PS4 to play this...

Please don't spoil¡¡

BTW there is one aspect of the game that I have not heard to much information about, and is the OST created by Santaolalla, which was brilliant in the first game.

just my luck. turns out to finish downloading, you need firmware 7.51. Despite the download can start just fine in firmware 7.50. It'll only download the first playable part, and then refuse to continue and prompting me for FW update.
Sony probably signed the first launch pkg with 7.50 firmware keys but they signed the next pkg with 7.51 keys. bloody hell.

EDIT:

WELL!!! Turns out my download did not even start days ago, and now I see that you're online and playing it! GRRRRRR!

problem with the LOU2 story is the technical execution of it.
If it was a 16 bit era game, there would be no controversy.
And as you are in control of the characters, it's more impactful than a movie, because you can feel personnaly involved in what's happening on screen.

Basically some people are salty about a fair plot development and blame the sjws for making joel have less masculine features or whatever stupid bullshit they have come up with

15min in and already blown away by the visuals, playing this on a nice 4k HDR TV and PS4 Pro is a godsend. And at the rate of me taking screenshots with photomode I don't think my remaining 35gig of HDD space is enough for it haha.

I was thinking of waiting for the Ps5 to play the game...
But, with all the "controversy" I need to play the game before everything gets spoiled for me...
Reddit is a minefield right now.

problem with the LOU2 story is the technical execution of it.
If it was a 16 bit era game, there would be no controversy.
And as you are in control of the characters, it's more impactful than a movie, because you can feel personnaly involved in what's happening on screen.

Yes, the story of eelie feels really personal. For a couple of minutes I really feel the anger ij my head in my chest.

Then the visoal glitches happens again and really took down the connection I felt :(

Maybe I should rebuild PS4 database

Back