The Intel Execution in [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news that they have major outside customers for 18A is much more important than their financial performance of the past quarter. Intel's current state is mostly caused by falling off the leading edge of process tech, if they can catch that train again they can come back in force.

Last edited:
https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-l...res-tsmc-n3b-node-and-displayport-2-1-support

LUNAR-LAKE-01.jpg

This is entire CPU outsourced to TSMC. Interesting, indeed.

So are we going to get a reasonably direct comparison between Intel 20A and TSMC N3B late next year/early 2025? Lunar Lake and Arrow Lake both seem to be Lion Cove + Skymont, no?
Very very different parts, not directly comparable at all.
68 mobile ARL tile is N3b anyway.

Very very different parts, not directly comparable at all.
68 mobile ARL tile is N3b anyway.
How are they 'very very different' and not comparable whatsoever when they're supposed to be the same general cores?

And where is your source that Arrow Lake's CPU tile will be N3B? I've heard speculation, but never anybody posting an actual reputable source, especially when Intel themselves have claimed it will be 20A.

Again, you just briefly state claims like they're evidently true but never actually back it up with anything of substance whatsoever. No explanations, no sources, you just state something and expect it to be accepted?

How are they 'very very different' and not comparable whatsoever when they're supposed to be the same general cores?
Wildly different uncore with different core implementations.
Oh and Atom is LLC-less on LNL since it lives out of performance complex (and thus out of the ring, attached to IOSF instead).
And where is your source that Arrow Lake's CPU tile will be N3B?
They've been leaked for a while.
but never anybody posting an actual reputable source
I'm pretty sure someone leaked the slide with ARL-S/H die chops, it's liek three dies total.
especially when Intel themselves have claimed it will be 20A.
Intel claims many things.

They're really making a mountain out of a molehill there.

From everything I've seen and read so far, Meteor Lake is only for laptops.
Even the Raptor Lake HX SKUs were 55W TDP with a ~150w short term turbo.

Sustained CPU power draw of >120w is such a ridiculously small and niche use case that it's not even worth thinking about, for the most part, and Meteor Lake clearly wins where it matters, everywhere below 120W.
The exact design decisions you'd make to have a CPU scale to higher frequencies and higher powers are the opposite of what you'd do to optimize it for low power.

So this headline reads to me: "Product designed only for laptops only performs well at power levels that you commonly see in... laptops"

From everything I've seen and read so far, Meteor Lake is only for laptops.
Even the Raptor Lake HX SKUs were 55W TDP with a ~150w short term turbo.
It's only for laptops because they couldn't get them fast enough for desktop (aka it hits clock wall)
It was supposed to be desktop too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back