The Insomniac Spiderman [PS4]

At first I though "meh, movie tie-in", but then I saw that it looks spectacular, and it's not a movie tie-in.
I hope it becomes the marvel equivalent of the arkham series. What was the last non-mediocre marvel game?

Yay for Sony buying exclusivity! Or should that be Boo? I forget how people treated Microsoft when they did it with Tomb Raider.

Am I supposed to boo or cheer? Oh wait I remember now, it's to pile on the hate. So hopefully, I see a lot of the people that piled on the hate for Microsoft buying exclusivity to Tomb Raider also piling on the hate for Sony buying exclusivity to Spiderman.

Oh wait, no one? Hypocrites.

Regards,
SB

Really not the same at all. This isn't a direct sequel to a well loved series that's been on everything since basically day1. Spider-man is like a Dead Rising, or Quantum Break, or Ratchet & Clank if you will. Something like Street Fighter V being a PS4 exclusive, now that's a comparable shit show.

Spider-Man is just the beginning
Last night, Sony and Marvel dropped a huge surprise: Ratchet & Clank developer Insomniac Games is making a new Spider-Man video game exclusively for PlayStation 4.

According to Jay Ong, Marvel's vice president of games, Insomniac's Spider-Man game is just the beginning for Marvel's ambitious plan to bring its superheroes to consoles.

"When I joined Marvel two years ago, I came in with a mandate to usher in a new era for Marvel Games," Ong told Polygon in an interview. "We have a treasure trove of the best superhero characters on earth. What can we do with this to create truly epic games?

"Is [Spider-Man] a signal of things to come? Oh, yes. Absolutely. And we can’t wait to tell the world about it."

Sounds promising :D

Sounds like Telltale is working on a Marvel game as well. Avengers?

It's not yet clear when Marvel, Sony and Insomniac's Spider-Man game — or Telltale's unnamed Marvel game, which Ong says will delight fans — will be released. But those titles represent a new course for Marvel Games.

"Building these franchises, and building these characters [at Marvel Games], this is that first big milestone from this team," Ong said. "This is a huge ambitious project."

Activision has only movie tie-in Spiderman game licence since 2014. Every platform will have a Spiderman game title next year with the movie.

It was apparently part of the deal to get Spider-Man into CA: Civil War.

If I was Marvel I wouldn't be happy with limiting the game's audience but equally if I was Marvel, I'd be fucking appalled at the shite games that Activision were releasing using their IP. Win-win? Win-lose? Lose-lose? o_O

If I was Marvel I wouldn't be happy with limiting the game's audience but equally if I was Marvel, I'd be fucking appalled at the shite games that Activision were releasing using their IP. Win-win? Win-lose? Lose-lose? o_O

It seems Activision retain the right of movie tie-in Spiderman game. Next year amultiplatform Spiderman games will be released when the movie will go on theater.

It seems Activision retain the right of movie tie-in Spiderman game. Next year amultiplatform Spiderman games will be released when the movie will go on theater.

Perhaps with some head-on competition from Sony, Activision will put a good team on the movie tie-in although the very phrase "movie tie-in" lowers my expectations to rock bottom.

Ck4XZA0WUAI4YGp.jpg:large

From Marvel press release

Where many superhero games often fail for me isn't the main character but the immersiveness of the city they are in. Spider-Man looks really good in this respect. Lots of density, people and traffic. I would have loved an Arkham game set in a populated Gotham. It's something inFamous has always done well and adding that dynamic of innocent pedestrians around you helps ground you that you're a hero, not a villain. Obviously, inFamous let you be both in which case the opportunity for carnage of innocents is equally welcome.

Back