The Insomniac Spiderman [PS4]

No day and night cycle but some predefined weather and time of the day depending of the main mission.
Yeah, it's the same setup as with Second Son. Time will change depending on the main mission, and after the game is finished, user can pick and choose from available TOD/weather combos.

The interest is still very strong for this game, despite all the showing during several E3. The game is the second most viewed exclusive game of E3 after TLOU2. Currently about 7 millions of views splitted in 2 demos.

If the reviews are good, it could well be the most sold exclusive this gen.

If the reviews are good, it could well be the most sold exclusive this gen.
Yeah, this should be a easy sell building off last year's Spider-Man and his appearance in Infinity War. Which reminds me I should pre-orde to get my Infinity War Star nano suit. :yep2:

A comparison with WD2 which is probably the most recent game trying to reproduce a large city :

(It's the PC version)

Spiderman looks better in about every metrics.

This game is going to be huge if it has great reviews.

There are plenty of show floor demo videos on YouTube and they show a great Spider-Man game with great traversal and combat, which 90% of a Spider-Man game. This is the spiritual successor to the awesome Spider-Man 2 on console.

The fact they were letting all and sundry play for up-to 30 minutes at a time tells of a team confident in their work. If anybody has raised concerns about any aspects of the game I've not seen it.

Game looks nuts, God of War and Beyond have competition for best graphics award this year. Really hope we get good reviews and span this into at least a trilogy.

Hmm. The tired open world tropes (climbing towers to reveal shit on the map, i.e. the antithesis to real exploration. Also collecting backpacks), playing the hacking minigame from Bioshock as Peter Parker, and the QTEs still have me a little worried. Let's hope the skill tree will actually provide some proper depth and customization. In most action games you just get a collection of relatively pointless rpg-lite elements, maybe even a needlessly gimped player character at the beginning. Of course they aren't there because they're needed let alone beneficial. They're there because that's what all games do now.

Last edited:
Hmm. The tired open world tropes (climbing towers to reveal shit on the map, i.e. the antithesis to real exploration.

Is this a thing in the game? It makes no sense, Peter Parker has been Spider-Man for eight years and lived in New York all his life, he surely knows New York by now and shouldn't need to unlock the map by climbing things.

Back