The Insomniac Spiderman [PS4]

Never ever expected this to be so smooth and good ! I dont like superhero games, but the gameplay demo looked super smooth fun ! Getting it . :D

Man I totally missed the open world part, damn thing is too gorgeous man. Insomniac truly knocked it out of he park and then some.

They put so much work to bring the city alive. I mean, we're not too far from GTA...

Also, the final combat looks very good. I'm impressed from a gameplay perspective.

Actually, it's one of the best boss fight i've seen this gen... so dynamic. It's very cool to watch at the very least.

Last edited:
They put so much work to bring the city alive. I mean, we're not too far from GTA...

The feel of the city is always something I think lets many superhero gams down but everything I've read about Spider-Man has been super encouraging, people playing in the park, wildlife like squirrels. Sure, most of the time you'll be a 100ft swinging between buildings but when you touch down, that city has got feel as real as possible.

i guess it's "limited" to the main island where the empire state building sits, the parts far away are distant cosmetic cityscape

Come on.. depriving me the opportunity to swing across a bridge? No way! :nope: I think this game will be bigger than Manhattan Island. :yep2:

edit: the map in the GameInformer article that Recop links to in the post below this one.

GZrWwRQ3w2cb2ojyp4Xwb8-650-80.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So if this bloody marvelous looking game is running on a PS4, why is it so hard to believe that Ghost of Tsushima does just that?
If only Insomniac showed that City vista during their E3 demo I would have flipped out into a state of disbelief too, not to say their E3 demo wasn't mind blowingly good either.
That said, I think the more organic nature look of Ghost lends itself to be more impressive especially to human eyes, also the art style is super sleek.

Back