The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read is that GT5 is more like an RPG. Like an RPG things unlock as you level.

For example at level 10 you unlock damage.

AI improves as you move up in levels

Vehicle customisation is greater the more you play the game.

Even game physics improve as you play the game.

In essence level 1 players play a training part of the game the more you progress the more of the game, AI, Weather Effects, Physics, Damage improve.

One of the guys Amar who has gotten the game really enthusis on how great the game feels due to being so far down the road in the game.

The people giving early impressions should be taken with a grain of salt. It's like people giving feedback on Supression on MAG when the real meat of that game is in Domination with 256 players!

To be honest it makes more sense that the AI is dum at the beginning of the game in the sunday cups where as the AI becomes much more aggressive and savy when you start racing against pro's in later special events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day one patch confirmed, version 1.01, 133MB, adds the online features. GAF already tested them, and they work ... Lobbies confirmed, racing with voicechat confirmed (you can actually pre-set the quality for both), spectator mode confirmed, all sorts of tire settings, car restrictions, fuel and tire wear confirmed, but replays not yet confirmed. The Museum is a bit of a surprise and seems to be some kind of trading card mini-game.

Looks good so far. Some bad screenshots:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24534960&postcount=6742

Regarding the damage, in GT mode at least I can imagine that the damage gets progressively worse, as from my understanding you have to spend money to repair the damage, so it could be annoying if you total your car in the early races. ;)

Cubemaps aren't exactly reflection , so it's implicitly (?) fake.I cant' see a game engine using real reflections yet and soon.except for a flat mirror here and here...
I expect photomodes to introduce real reflections first, and I'd expect PD to be the first to do that.

Day one patch confirmed, version 1.01, 133MB, adds the online features. GAF already tested them, and they work ... Lobbies confirmed, racing with voicechat confirmed (you can actually pre-set the quality for both), spectator mode confirmed, all sorts of tire settings, car restrictions, fuel and tire wear confirmed, but replays not yet confirmed. The Museum is a bit of a surprise and seems to be some kind of trading card mini-game.

Looks good so far. Some bad screenshots:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24534960&postcount=6742

Regarding the damage, in GT mode at least I can imagine that the damage gets progressively worse, as from my understanding you have to spend money to repair the damage, so it could be annoying if you total your car in the early races. ;)

Optional 6.4 GB install as well in one go, or as you "go".

And my Signature Edition is released today.. perfect!

SHINY!

http://www.dropmocks.com/mKTsw

Very nice box, large tin box with a "car" feel to it.. and shine :)

Inside there is what we all know, SLS Tin Car, the Card to take part in the competition to win a real SLS is in a purse inside the Box. Codes to Stealth cars is on a seperate leaflet, the codes to the chrome line is inside the standard GT5 game box.

Keyring + USB Key has weight and feels very nice..

Apex book is in a nice handy format, and the picture books looks like photomode in a book :)

5200626019_b3b0a35c84_b.jpg

Photomode.. but :oops:

If reviewers are tasked with reviewing a game that takes more than 12 hours to get through (hey fps) we shouldn´t be suprised that they will be wrong, aparently there is a "level" system in the game and for example damage unlocks at a certain lvl.

Now if i get my game and easily find this information, i will not hold back from calling those review sites amateurs, it took me all but a few minutes to get that info. And i would guess it´s the same for the AI and other stuff. It makes the game easy to play and hard to master.

This is a good place to start for those that haven´t gotten the game yet:
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=156

*If* this is true, then reviewers, you suck. Even a regular gamer like me could sense that perhaps there are more to the game. It seems that reviewers are happy they found a "dirty secret" and stop there. They should find the truth instead. Man, they can criticize the platform owners and developers all they want but please review themselves first.

Polyphony isn't helping too. Is there a reviewer's guide that mention a RPG progression ?

Lights Out }}}%%#{{#{%^^ suffered because of hasty reviews + developer PR carelessness too.

*If* this is true, then reviewers, you suck. Even a regular gamer like me could sense that perhaps there are more to the game. It seems that reviewers are happy they found a "dirty secret" and stop there. They should find the truth instead. Man, they can criticize the platform owners and developers all they want but please review themselves first.

Polyphony isn't helping too. Is there a reviewer's guide that mention a RPG progression ?

Lights Out }}}%%#{{#{%^^ suffered because of hasty reviews + developer PR carelessness too.

Call me naive if you wish but surely its a job of the reviewer to review games that means playing them for some time if thats whats required (and there is obviously a level system and unlock system there you cant even buy better cars until you move up for example).

Its like a book reviewer reading the first chapter of a book and drawning his/her conclusion from there. The review would basicly be worthless and the reviewer a laughing stock.

In the super quick paper guide they even mention there is a "experience lvl".

Installing, 8GB required, estimated time 30 minutes..

The reviewer's experience should mirror what the end user's is. They shouldn't get any special guides to help them if the typical buyer won't. And if there's a feature like levelling that is not obvious but which imapcts the game, if reviewers get confused by this and see a game lacking in features, that reflects what you'd expect the typical gamer's experience to be. It's perhaps not a fair score in the end, but it's a legitimate lesson to developers to make the game's mechanics transparent so users know exactly what's going on.

The reviewer's experience should mirror what the end user's is. They shouldn't get any special guides to help them if the typical buyer won't. And if there's a feature like levelling that is not obvious but which imapcts the game, if reviewers get confused by this and see a game lacking in features, that reflects what you'd expect the typical gamer's experience to be. It's perhaps not a fair score in the end, but it's a legitimate lesson to developers to make the game's mechanics transparent so users know exactly what's going on.

Sure, but every car has a LVL requirment before you can buy it, a F1 is LVL 24 and you start out as LVL 0
In A-Spec there is 5 series, and you have to LVL 20 to get to the Extreme Series, obvisouly LVL plays a big part of the game.

Yeah my french is really rusty so I could barely make sense out of any of that. Need english reviews already go go go....

So they review a game without even using the online features ? (since the online was not suppose to work till 24th)

Who's problem is that? I think it's a common expectation and certainly a trend for reviews to be out before or on release date. They can certainly go back and add an online piece as it bcomes available. It's a PD issue that the Online wasn't up earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back