The Darkness Gameplay video

I think it looks cool, but could use a bit of polish. The AI seems dead. Hopefully it was turned off for demo reasons or something because it didnt look too hot. Other than that the gameplay elements looked cool, wish I had a more idea of whats going on and why the guy has these powers. The turning into a creature and climbing into the vent was kinda cool.

Thanks TurnDragoZeroV2G . Quite impressive.
Evolutionary gameplay & scary atmosphere & amazing physics = already a must buy for me.
About the bad AI and various glitches :
CONFIDENTIAL - NOT FOR PUBLIC DISPLAY

EDIT: Also available at xboxyde

I quote a comment from some poster there:
weedo said:
I spoke to one of the darkness-developers on a swedish 360-forum. He said that the build was over a year old and was never intended for the public. The video is a leak.
Note the text "Confidential...." ;)
The video shows a test-level where the AI is totally scripted. The AI doesnt actually behave like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looked ok; a lot of potential, but shoddy control mechanics, uninteresting environments/fire fights. That being said its a starbreeze game, and COR:RTTB was an incredible game - one of my favorites. Some of the "night vision" stuff looks similar, and the general feel reminds me of COR. If this title is even just COR in a diff env w/different characters, I would still buy it. And I doubt they won't try to innovate gameplay; that's not their styel.

Back