The better buy....

I have a budget of $240 and I got two choices. Just want to know what you guys suggest...choice a or choice b

a) PowerColor ATi Radeon X700 256MB + 512MB DDR400 RAM --- $230(tax included)

b) Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 GT 256MB - $230(tax included)

MY current PC has only 448MB of RAM available(Damn intergrated video). My orignal intention was just to get more RAM, but I hate how IGP eates up system memory. I realized I would feel more satisfied if I just get a dedicated graphics card.

Get the ram, you can always upgrade the vid card a year from now if you still find it inadequate.

digitalwanderer said:
What are you planning to do on this PC?
Better question really, I still think ram is over rated, I guess *glances down at sig* erm, my laptop only has 256mb.

Well he has a dilemma. X800GT is obviously for gaming, I think? To get the GPU's worth, he really needs a Gig.

DigitalSoul said:
MY current PC has only 448MB of RAM available(Damn intergrated video). My orignal intention was just to get more RAM, but I hate how IGP eates up system memory. I realized I would feel more satisfied if I just get a dedicated graphics card.
Well, if the only aspect you hate about IGP is it using 64 measly megs of system memory, then I'm guessing games performance is no concern. If that's the case, definately go with option A.

digitalwanderer said:
What are you planning to do on this PC?

I do everything really........work,net, music, games etc. I do like to game on my PC, thats why I'm opting for a decent video card. Some of my favorite games( like NOLF2) run like crap at the moment. I also tend to run a lot of apps simultaneously [Photoshop, web browser, music player etc.] so thats where "more RAM" comes in.

Back