Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown (PS5, PC, XB)

I'm so devastated this is 'always online'.

I know Test Drive was primed for some 'social' aspects and all, I still cannot abide always online games for titles you can play perfectly fine solo. Devs used to be fine at making social/multiplayer aspects optional, not mandatory. smh Plus it means the game will literally become unplayable at some point.

Main reason I'm so disappointed is that for as good as Forza Horizon games are, they lacked the sheer scale of Test Drive Unlimited 1+2. It makes a big difference. So I was really looking forward to this one, but now I'll likely never get it, even for very cheap.

I'm so devastated this is 'always online'.

I know Test Drive was primed for some 'social' aspects and all, I still cannot abide always online games for titles you can play perfectly fine solo. Devs used to be fine at making social/multiplayer aspects optional, not mandatory. smh Plus it means the game will literally become unplayable at some point.

Main reason I'm so disappointed is that for as good as Forza Horizon games are, they lacked the sheer scale of Test Drive Unlimited 1+2. It makes a big difference. So I was really looking forward to this one, but now I'll likely never get it, even for very cheap.
FH5 is a very good game, my nephews like it so much, even if it lacks co-op :/ but they can play co-op, somewhat, by using 2 gamepads, one of my nephews drives while the other accelerates even if they use a different controller, or they just simply let the other play and just watch, then the other one plays while one of them rests, and they don't need to pass nor use the same gamepad, they play seamlessly on two different controllers.

The always online requirement sucks. A game like Redfall has become a good game now that the devs have been working on a single player campaign, and now it's not as bad as reviews initially said.

Back