TES V: Skyrim

Bought it in the Steam sale...Can u guys tell me where I can get the ENB lighting mod in the Steam Workshop?

Don't use Steam Workshop for mods, it just doesn't work as well

I've never used Steam Workshop for Skyrim before, but I'd like to know if it's more or less convenient and organized than Skyrim Nexus.

Everytime I go to Steam Workshop the thing just seems to be so chaotic... Perhaps I'm wrong.

The workshop is hard to navigate and get a good overlook of IMO, but it IS automatic. You don't have to faff with anything, it installs and updates and stuff completely transparently and automatically. That's worth a bit of bother IMO. :)

The workshop is hard to navigate and get a good overlook of IMO, but it IS automatic. You don't have to faff with anything, it installs and updates and stuff completely transparently and automatically. That's worth a bit of bother IMO. :)

Considering how often Skyrim mods break things if you update them without "clean save" (Save without mods), is it? :p

Finally bought it for PC in the previous steam sale. Now Nexus won't send me a mail to activate my account, so can't get SHarpshooter or Realvision mods :( ! BTW, I think Steam Workshop is buggy, Cos I subscribed to More Grass , FLock of Birds, CLimate of Tamriel mods, but I don't see any difference in -game. THe realistic lighting mod works, so does the Town enhancements, but I don't think climate mod or the grass and birds stuff is appearing in-game.

DOwnloaded ENB from nb site, but since I can't get HSarpshooter or anyhting from Nexus and I tweaked enb myself for some fun visuals. Got some good screens, but there are too many variables , Phew !

dnm8.png

zou2.png

ytnt.png

I know they are nothing special, but hours went into tuning ENB. Can someone give me the settings?

Considering how often Skyrim mods break things if you update them without "clean save" (Save without mods), is it? :p
Never actually seen that happen myself, so I really couldn't say. :)

BTW, I think Steam Workshop is buggy, Cos I subscribed to More Grass , FLock of Birds, CLimate of Tamriel mods, but I don't see any difference in -game.
Start the skyrim launcher and click the addons button (or whatever it's called) and verify that the mods are listed there. They may appear at the bottom of the list below the game's own expansion files and hi-res texture packs (if you've got those installed - which you should of course ;)), so make sure to scroll down to the end of the list.

If you can't see them, make sure the mods are being properly subscribed to in the workshop. Maybe un/re-subscribe again, and do the verify thing once more. Sometimes I find that you need to start skyrim once (to the title screen), quit it, and then start it again for the launcher to actually download and install the mods from the workshop. Or that's what it feels like anyway.

Good luck to you! Skyrim isn't a new game by now by any stretch, but it's a damn good one. You could easily sink several hundred hours into it, easily, if you want to max your character fully, do all the quests, clear all the dungeons and explore the whole land, Solstheim or whatsitscalled included.

I can throw you mine tomorrow, but it's not for you if you don't like quite heavy depth of field effect when talking to someone etc

Please do, as for DOF, if i don't like it,I will turn it off. I did tweak some and got some better visuals. Will post screens tomorrow.

Please do, as for DOF, if i don't like it,I will turn it off. I did tweak some and got some better visuals. Will post screens tomorrow.

http://www.elisanet.fi/kaotik/tesv/TESVenb.rar

That should be it, not sure how "good" or "bad" it is though, as I do remember been in the middle of tweaking it when I played last time, which was quite some time ago

http://www.elisanet.fi/kaotik/tesv/enb.rar
That's some older one I've used at some point apparently

edit:
Obviously, I have crapload of other mods, so results may vary depending on those, too

Thanks Kaotik, but your enb version is too old, lacks a lot fo options;

Heres what I have reached till now:

ey6i.png

o6cj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's a properly modded Skyrim, right there!

But it looks like you still need a texture pack for the houses, though.

Now that's a properly modded Skyrim, right there!

But it looks like you still need a texture pack for the houses, though.

Thanx for the appreciation :cool: !
Haven't got any texture packs yet, was just trying to make the ENB lighting look good. Still have to set the ambient light colours for different TODs etc.

I bought Skyrim more than two years ago, but have not played much of it.

I am now wanting to start again and experience it with mods and stuff. Some of the screens here look amazing.

I have a 2500K @ 4.4 gHz, 8 GB of ram, and a 560Ti 1GB. I have no idea where to begin.

Plz halp

Skyrim modding is damn too addictive
from BOSS:
Recognised (or sorted by user rules)205
Unrecognised 7
Inactive 4
All 212

Though I think there's already plenty of mods in there that overwrite each other

and yes, the game is still quite stable, some specific transitions can cause CTD once out of 10 tries or so but that's about it - except for this:
For unknown reason, I've managed to somehow break some vanilla-game notes
I've now found 2 notes, a note from a corpse killed by bandits and a note from dark brotherhood assassin, that cause CTD if I try to read them - no idea what could cause that

here we go, based on RealVision's ENB and Natural Lighting and Atmospherics' ENB, customized by me

beach.jpg

[aimg]http://www.elisanet.fi/kaotik/img-ftp/tesv/1/solitudeharbor1.jpg[/img]

solitudeharbor2.jpg

solitudeharbor3.jpg

solitudeharbor4.jpg

And then a question, first of the next 2 is with ENB, second without - does anyone know which settings I should adjust to get the shadows darkness closer to what it is without ENB (or even darker) without sacrificing the brightness?

grottoenb.jpg

grottoenboff.jpg

You actually want shadows so dark that you can't see any details? :???: That's going to strain your eyes like crazy.

Anyone have any idea wtf is wrong with my adaptation settings, I've tried to play around with them but still the dungeons easily get far too bright with my current enb-settings

From enbseries.ini:
[ADAPTATION]
ForceMinMaxValues=false
AdaptationSensitivity=0.2
AdaptationTime=0.5
AdaptationMin=0.0
AdaptationMax=0.1

And still the effect is huge. If I disable adaptation completely, it seems like the image loses some contrast or something

You actually want shadows so dark that you can't see any details? :???: That's going to strain your eyes like crazy.
Depends on situation, but dark dungeon is dark! And it's supposed to be that way, too

Hum.. do you have Realistic Water?

No, I'm using W.A.T.E.R.

There's not any dungeon in skyrim that is so dark that you can't see without bringing a lightsource of your own (or well, HARDLY any, except for maybe some falmer dungeons here and there), so I don't think you can say it's 'supposed' to be like that... ;)

If you mean it's not realistic that there's light in caves underground, well, it's not realistic to carry 50000 arrows on your person or fling fireballs and lightning bolts from your hands and so on, but you can do these things. (Shout and physically sending people and objects flying, etc...) So there goes that argument. If you must have artificial light with you to navigate a dungeon, sneaking becomes impossible (since you're immediately visible to anyone if you carry a torch or use magic to light up your surroundings).

Back