Tekken 8 [XBSX|S, PC, PS5]

Im talking about the atmosphere and over the top nature of the story. Read the post im responding to.

It fully went there in Tekken 5 and everything else has just been at the same level.

@London Geezer
To sum it up didn't go there with T5, and over the top dragon ball style atmosphere didn't contribute to more sales. Neither the gameplay or even the intro you posted of T5 is no where near where T6, T7 and especially where T8 is.

To sum it up didn't go there with T5, and over the top dragon ball style atmosphere didn't contribute to more sales. Neither the gameplay or even the intro you posted of T5 is no where near where T6, T7 and especially where T8 is.
Bruh...no offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. Tekken 5 is third highest selling game of the franchise(next to Tekken 7 and Tekken 3), and that's not not even counting Dark resurrection.
And if you don't think Tekken 5 wasnt just as crazy and ridiculous as Tekken 8 your misremembering with rose colored glasses(if you think that's a bad thing)
And Tekken 5 DR obviously was in a similar vein

the literal only difference between this and Tekken 8 is that the plot has climaxed into a war against kazuya and we will see a lot more of it due to the story mode being an actual story mode.

which to be honest makes a lot more sense than trying to force everything into the excuse of a tournament yet again with the scale of the threat being faced. This is supposedly the finale of the arc that has been going since the first game and the Mishimas in general. So having the highest stakes works well.

Regarding sales I posted them in my previous post.

As someone who has been playing Tekken since the first game, I know perfectly what I am taking about. You are focusing selectively on some tiny CGI segments which are, btw, consistent with previous installments such as Tekken 3 and Tekken 2 (and even 4), and you ignore fully the gameplay and how exaggerated Tekken 8 is compared to everything that preceded it.

In addition all new characters up until 5, were mainly humans and based on martial arts. Since 6, new characters were mainly based on imaginary anime characters and fighting styles, magicians, mutants, and waifu anime archetypes.

The initial reveal trailer of Jin vs Kazuya proves how you can have a Tekken that strikes the perfect balance of realism and exciting high energy fighting, with identifiable fighting styles without sacrificing anything, and without super powered exaggerations that are more fitting towards Dragon Ball, KoF or SF

Move forward to the actual game and Jin is basically a Super Saiyan Son Goku (even in base form) who can pummel Kazuya in human form into a skyscraper without a scratch, Kazuya is Lord Beerus who can shoot huge Kamehamehas out of his eye that can level New York to the ground, Nina uses Uzis as part of her main moveset instead as a humorous non canon Easter egg customization, Victor looks like he came out of Metal Gear Rising, he is a weapons warehouse against unarmed hand to hand martial artists that makes even Yoshimitsu look naked etc. It is a mess.

But the gameplay is top notch which is what it saves it.

Tekken 5 gameplay and characters are no where close to the exaggerations of Tekken 8. The final game goes above and beyond the reveal trailer which was perfect

Last edited:
The Ghost sometimes is broken. Also super easy even against Tekken King rank in the demo.
But visually the game is outstanding.

Tekken3 was THE game for me. After that i didnt really played Tekken that much ( i switched to PC and Quake was huge for me). After playing demo i am confident that i will get this game, i didnt had that much fun since T3.

Tekken3 was THE game for me. After that i didnt really played Tekken that much ( i switched to PC and Quake was huge for me). After playing demo i am confident that i will get this game, i didnt had that much fun since T3.
Once we get it lets arrange some online tournaments

Solid score

Last edited:
This fighting gem is actually a phenomenon. The work that has been put in it in every department is outstanding. It deserves a whole discussion. I got it day one and I confidently can say that it is better than any Tekken (or any fighting game for that matter) that has ever been released in their corresponding generations.

It is actually so good that, unlike fighting games that came in the past been treated as a niche genre, this has to be put next to games that got GOTY awards and treatments.

The only downside is that it lost some of its initial identity, but that is irrelevant with how well this is made

If 20 minutes is what you gave into a fighting game to evaluate it then fighting games likely arent your cup of tea

Back