Supernoobs next step, please help!

deeFive

Newcomer
Hi all,

Firstly a quick update, i'm currently in the process of wrapping up my degree (i would of posted more but i had a car accident and had brain damage for a few months, but i'm fine now), and would like some advice on my next steps as im trying to plan the 18 months of projects. i think best way to explain what im wanting is to list the possible options with a brief description of why i want to under take them:

1.) online Arcade/website:

I have always wanted to do two things direct video games and code 3d demos and i think there is a space just now for some online (browser based) 90's style arcade games, to this end i have written a few concepts in unity (it was the most cross platform engine i could find at the time that i was researching the idea) and i'm working part time to pay for art.

2.) OpenGL ES/android demo:

Whist at uni we were taught basic driectX but i always wanted to learn OGL and this looks like it might be the best way to kill two birds with one stone as i also find android interesting and i would like to have something that i can show people, so a phone demo would make sense.

3.) Deeply deffered Dx demo:

Again whist at uni we were taught dx at a basic level and with the help of you guys here and a few good books i have reached a "noob-ish" level of proficiency in that i understand how the pipeline works in theory and have followed a few good tutorials on programmable shading but haven't created my own work yet. and i don't want to show up at job interview with demos that are based on tutorials on the net it needs to be my own work (however "noob-ish"). the demo that i have in mind is a test of attribute based rendering and materials with each attribute(normal, surface, envroment, light bleed and a few others) having its own dedicated memory, arranged in to render targets up to the DX11 spec (which is 8 RGBA textures i think please correct me if im worng). so that i can see how fast it is and how i can optimise it for better performance or add new features (i think that real time importons and irradiance particles might be possible via CS).

4.) All of the above:

I reckon that with careful planing it may well be possible to fit the above into a 4 day week working 11am - 6pm and would be informative than doing a masters (some of the masters courses that i have seen still dont cover mesh loading.....) and more fun!

Well there my noob-ish thoughts, any and all feedback is appreciated, thank you for your time and thanks in advance!

p.s. are we going to have an android app?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back