summer holiday plans?

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
i'm going to south of france

First region of Toulouse with maybe a trip to Andorra
and then we move to an apartment for a week at the mediterean coast near NICE.

it will be my first time south of France, I usually go to Bodrum or other parts of Turkey

I'm going here. The long-range forecast has the temperature topping out at a positively stripping-down-to-ones Speedos .... 18°C.

Cool. Have fun - that is a really nice area.

For once this year I am having proper holidays.
I am going climbing in italy for a weekend in two weeks time.
Then I am spending a week on a canal boat with friends from uni.
Then in september I am off on Safari in kenya for a week :)

(my last holiday prior to this was a sailing trip in greece 5 years ago)

Well I'm going to Cornwall next week! Highly exotic.

Walking, cycling, maybe a bit of surfing + plenty of good eating (Pasties here I come) and drinking (Sharps beers). Should be good fun!

hey69 said:
you must get crazy to wait always to see your wife all those months :devilish:
Yep, we both miss each other a great lot. This year should be the last year we will be apart, if all goes well. Hmm, thats what ive said every year for the last 4 years. Sigh.

Weve been thinking of going to europe for a while, but we usually dont have much time together and we spend it mostly in the bedroom( :devilish: ) that it wouldnt be worth it to go out of south africa. ;)

epic

Camposdojordao-view.jpg

that is brazil? looks so ...eeh european :)

Yes, the architecture of this city has european influence.

There are cities in south of the country with more european culture/language as well.
Some cities speak italian, others german.

In Sao Paulo there are the largest number of japanese outside Japan.

edited: the florest you see is the original Atlantic florest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it snow a lot in Campos do Jordao city? I mean, it's not that it just looks europe-ish, but also it looks just like a town you can find in the Alps, with those roofs clearly shaped for resisting metres of snowfall each winter...

Crisidelm said:
Does it snow a lot in Campos do Jordao city? I mean, it's not that it just looks europe-ish, but also it looks just like a town you can find in the Alps, with those roofs clearly shaped for resisting metres of snowfall each winter...
No it doesnt. IIRC only two times it did snow last century, lol

You will find snow easilly in Argentina. Lots of it.

Back