Submerged [PS4, XBO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11852

Submerged from Uppercut Games will be released on PS4 and Steam on 4th August and Xbox One on 7th August. Among the developers are a number former Bioshock devs which explains why I'm getting a very Bioshocky vibe from this game.

From the PlayStation blog:

Submerged is a third-person, combat-free game in which you explore a mysterious, flooded city and discover the beauty of desolation in vast outdoor environments. You take on the role of Miku, a young girl who has brought her wounded brother to the city in their small fishing boat.

Navigate the flooded city streets by boat, scale the drowned buildings, and use your telescope to scour the city for the supplies needed to save your dying sibling. As you explore the city at your own pace, you encounter the habitat that flourishes in this colorful place and discover hidden objects that piece together the story of a broken world and a broken family.​

I've definitely seen this previewed somewhere and remember being intrigued so I'm stoked the release date has emerged out of nowhere and is just over a week away!

Screenshots

submerged-5.jpg

Submerged02.jpg

2853862-submerged5.jpg

Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't think it looks good enough for a game that's trying to be all about the "experience". It's awkwardly stuck between realism and abstraction, but it's neither technically accomplished enough to pull off the former, nor visually distinct enough to make a memorable case of the latter. Sorta getting my-first-UE3-game vibes from the video to be honest.

I believe the 4th of August is the PSN Plus refresh. Wishful thinking from me, but this could potentially be one of the free games this month.
I wondered that too. Galak-Z is coming out at the same time and I think it's more likely we'll get than than this - although maybe we'll get both! :runaway:

I just don't think it looks good enough for a game trying to be all about the "experience".

I think the point about a game you need to experience to appreciate, is that you have to (in the literal sense) experience it yourself, i.e. not watch a trailer or watch it being played.

Back