Stealth deleting of posts

hm... just as an experiment, I have tried using the "strike" tags along with a mod note instead of deleting. What do you all think :?: :)

I would like not to appear belligerent and so on. So perhaps using the strike tags for OT dialogue along with a note would be more helpful?

For example:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1182081&postcount=295

Discussion of Halo 3 was clearly OT in the GeoW2 thread.

It wouldn't work for mass deletion surely :p My concern is for those that just don't see the deletion or the reasons for deletion.

Well, if it is considered desirable across the board for our users to see deleted posts and the reason for their deletion, surely the answer is to make them visible to all of those user groups?

It's the "if" that has to be answered in the affirmative first. I'm not sure there is consensus on that matter.

... How about a customized MOD-EDIT tag ...

I'm not in favour of editing posts with tags due to added work. The existing method of a select - delete - note looks good...it's just invisible.

The only way to measure board interest in a change is to ask 'em, which probably would need a poll in the different fora as not everyone visits here on a regular basis. Maybe one epic poll linked to within forums?

1) Yes, I want to see which posts were deleted and why
2) No, I want deleted posts to remain invisible and not clutter up the screen
3) I don't care

I like the end result of Brits idea the best by far. Shame if its too much work to use it.

Back