Starcraft : Ghost

BoddoZerg

Regular
Do any hardcore console fans actually care about Starcraft Ghost, or is it only PC gamers jumping up and down in rage and frustration?

Because if they take the trouble of making a console only release, alienating tons of PC bigots ("Consoles are gay"), and the console gamers ("PCs are gay") don't give a shit, that could be a very big backfire for Blizzard.

I´m a console gamer, and PC games can go to hell for all I care....except for Blizzard, StarCraft is amazing, and while WarCraft 3 isn´t as good, IMO, it´s still a great game.

I´m definitely excited.

To me, Blizzard games have always been massively overrated... even when I swore by the PC a few years back, so I care not about this one.

zurich

I'm a massive PC fanboy, and Blizzard is by far my favorite game maker on earth(While most PC gamers were sucked into PC gaming by Doom, Warcraft was the game that sucked me in).

If it had been Starcraft 2 going Console exclusive, I would be steaming mad, and would hurt somebody.. but since its a new game style, that seems most fit for consoles, I am VERY excited about it, and can not wait to play it(looks to be a MGS killer and then some)

CaptainHowdy said:
If it had been Starcraft 2 going Console exclusive, I would be steaming mad, and would hurt somebody.. but since its a new game style, that seems most fit for consoles, I am VERY excited about it, and can not wait to play it(looks to be a MGS killer and then some)

Many have tried, none has succeded. The only MGS2 killer will be MGS3. 8)

I'm very excited about StarCraft:Ghost, from the screenshots, movie and the info I read about it on the net.

The game has some unique features and I really think this game will be the "breakthrough" of Blizzard to the console market (and one hell of a brakethrough too! :D )

P.S
For anyone who hasn't seen the only movie currently available from the game, enjoy:
http://www.4gamer.net/files/movies/GHOST.mpg

I like Blizzard games, even though I think they are overrated.

I especially like their approach giving the world of a game a life, it's much more involving IMO than the 'standard world' from other games.

I like the StarCraft universe they made, and really wonder how the game will be, I wrote a little story (I think this can be seen as fan fic) in the starcraft universe...

So I'm looking for this game, and I've two consoles (DC & NGC) and PC, but I prefer consoles.

Logan Leonhart said:
CaptainHowdy said:

Many have tried, none has succeded. The only MGS2 killer will be MGS3. 8)

I disagree, Metal Gear Solid 2 killed the series, and now, oh boy, we get a rehashed substance..

Splinter Cell and Ghost will leave that rehash in the dust.

The plot of MGS2 may have been ass, but the gameplay was superb. That Harrier fight still ranks in one my top gaming moments.

zurich

Read the press release on Blizzards site.... it says multiplatform and consoles. IGN GC/XBOX(don't know if the PS2 has a report on it too) reported about it.... so it seems that it is coming to all the console.

it was 1st demoed on xbox at TGS, was later demoed on the NGC the next day

no ps2 demo so far, but the FAQ at the official site says multi consoles and that usually mean all 3

-aneep-

alexsok said:
I'm very excited about StarCraft:Ghost, from the screenshots, movie and the info I read about it on the net.

The game has some unique features and I really think this game will be the "breakthrough" of Blizzard to the console market (and one hell of a brakethrough too! :D )

P.S
For anyone who hasn't seen the only movie currently available from the game, enjoy:
http://www.4gamer.net/files/movies/GHOST.mpg

Hardly "breakthrough". The whole point is a RETURN to consoles...

Go grab a SuperNES and play The Lost Vikings, The Lost Vikings 2, or Rock 'N Roll Racing (also on Genesis)... "Silicon & Synapse" = Blizzard.

I agree: Metal Gear Solid 2 killed itself. Hopefully Splinter Cell will live up to the hype and carry this style of gameplay to the next level.

I'm not really looking at SC: Ghost as an MGS2-type game. I'm really looking forward to it though.

I disagree, Metal Gear Solid 2 killed the series

I don't know, I may not be nostalgic because I played MGS1 after I played MGS2, but it's almost hard to play MGS1 after finishing MGS2. Except for the story that was too crazy for it's own good, MGS2 was very enjoyable and awe inspiring.

aneep said:
it was 1st demoed on xbox at TGS, was later demoed on the NGC the next day

That would qualify it as multi-console. ;)
I think anyone who has played starcraft enough would be looking forward to playing as the Ghost.

Tagrineth said:
Hardly "breakthrough". The whole point is a RETURN to consoles...

Go grab a SuperNES and play The Lost Vikings, The Lost Vikings 2, or Rock 'N Roll Racing (also on Genesis)... "Silicon & Synapse" = Blizzard.

AIFAK, The Lost Vikings 2 was developed by someone else.

Back