Star Wreck - In the Pirkinning

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
The long awaited movie has finally been finished few days (or week) ago or so.
http://www.starwreck.com

etusivukuva2.jpg

The premiere, like the picture says, is 20th of August, and the movie will be out for free download "some time later"

Go check the trailer on the site :cool:

Daaaamn... been waiting since.... the original trailer mentioning a 2001 release?

Thanks for the heads up!

Alstrong said:
Daaaamn... been waiting since.... the original trailer mentioning a 2001 release?

Thanks for the heads up!

Original trailer said "Summer 2000" I think, and voice on the background "sais tulla vähän aikasemminkin" or something like that, in english, "should come a bit earlier too" or something.

Kaotik said:
Original trailer said "Summer 2000" I think, and voice on the background "sais tulla vähän aikasemminkin" or something like that, in english, "should come a bit earlier too" or something.

original trailer voice said "Tai Tsägällä pikkasen aiemminkin", which stands as "...or with a luck, a bit earlier too."

could you now say better than quoting Mr. Fukof from SW 3: "Hei, Hei! Voi Perrrkele." :)

hmmh... one of the tour shows would be around 25 minutes drive away from my parents place... ;)

Nappe1 said:
original trailer voice said "Tai Tsägällä pikkasen aiemminkin", which stands as "...or with a luck, a bit earlier too."

could you now say better than quoting Mr. Fukof from SW 3: "Hei, Hei! Voi Perrrkele." :)

hmmh... one of the tour shows would be around 25 minutes drive away from my parents place... ;)

I'll be checking the show at Klubi, in Turku :cool:

I got my copy of the DVD today. Way better than what I expected. At some point I actually forgot that I was watching an amateur movie. There are tons of little details in the movie as well, so you can find something new everytime you watch it (well some of them are in finnish, so most wont understand them but they are funny nonetheless).

the cg space battle scenes are absolutely amazing. Way beyond anything seen in any babylon 5 or star trek tv series or movie.

Hellbinder said:
why do low budget movie actors actually "look" like they cant act before you even hear them??
Because they amateurs.
Did you ever see star wars revolutions?
Same deal, just looking at them you could tell they're noobs.

rwolf said:
It would have to be pretty good to beat this startrek rip off.

You actually want to compare a fan film to a Hollywood movie? Come on. Galaxy quest isn't that bad.

Finally made it to /.

http://slashdot.org/articles/05/10/01/1551217.shtml?tid=97&tid=133

Posted by ScuttleMonkey on Saturday October 01, @04:01PM
from the satire-and-parody-make-the-world-go-round dept.
Movies It's funny. Laugh.
Arto Rantala writes "After seven years of production, Star Wreck: In The Pirkinning, the Finnish Star Trek / Babylon 5 parody movie, was finally released on DVD a month ago and is now available for download. In spite of its practically zero budget, the film has a hilariously captivating story, top notch CGI and even a couple of performances from professional actors. Download it now and buy the DVD if you like it! I know I did. You can also obtain it directly from the .torrent"

My 2 cents: The movie gets more enjoyable as it progresses.

Keep your eyes peeled for some easy to miss details on the secondary viewscreens, they're funny.

Excellent cgi but much of the movie, especially the earlier scenes, strongly reflect the limitations of a fan made film.

Bottom line: Only for geeks with the bandwidth to spare. Yet I eagerly anticipate this groups next offering. I think they are just starting to hit their stride.

I am perhaps being overly critical. I was semi-riveted to the screen watching this.

Back