Star Ocean: The Divine Force [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

I actually waited for quite a while for DF's cover on this one. Unfortunately looks like they are not intereted in.
I'm super into it because it's rare case for a middle-size Japnese dev trying to keep develop their in-house tools.

I actually waited for quite a while for DF's cover on this one. Unfortunately looks like they are not intereted in.
I'm super into it because it's rare case for a middle-size Japnese dev trying to keep develop their in-house tools.
This uses UE4 with what I suspect are few if any modifications.

As far as I know it does not. Not trying to be argumentative but it goes against everything I have read about the game. It might look like it but that does says something about the amount of work it takes to get your engine use most of Unreal's bells and whistles.

As far as I know it does not. Not trying to be argumentative but it goes against everything I have read about the game. It might look like it but that does says something about the amount of work it takes to get your engine use most of Unreal's bells and whistles.
Not at all, I appreciate the correction.

Do you have a source of reference about this?

I can’t seem to find any online sources directly talking about what engine the game uses. However, given how Tri-Ace used to develop their own in-house techs, I would lean towards the latest iteration of their Aska engine.

If it’s made from Unreal, it should contain at least related licenses. If someone owns a pc version, I guess simply check the naming in the crash report should give enough clues.

I can’t seem to find any online sources directly talking about what engine the game uses. However, given how Tri-Ace used to develop their own in-house techs, I would lean towards the latest iteration of their Aska engine.

If it’s made from Unreal, it should contain at least related licenses. If someone owns a pc version, I guess simply check the naming in the crash report should give enough clues.
I'm positive that it is not, but as I said earlier on in the thread, it would behoove them to do something in UE4/UE5 or Unity, even if it is just a remake. Epic is so far ahead of most of the industry that it makes sense that many premier studios have put engine development to the side at least for a little while.

Initial googling showed UE4. Further research makes it unclear with some suggesting their own engine. Visually it looks exactly like stock UE4.

Back