Splinter Cell: Double Agent PS3 Screens

Is Double Agent's PS3 version based on the Xbox or the Xbox360/PC version? I've heard that they are completely different games regarding the story and the maps. Xbox-version should be much much better.

Based off the 360 version.

LOL, that doesn't even look half as good as DA's.

I think it looks really good. It actually simulates calm water with surface swirls very nicely. It's not meant to look like waves in open water. It supposed to look like calm water around the docks. Usually this type of water behavior can be seen in deeper pockets of water or where there is very little surface wave action. It's actually a deceivingly scarier looking type of water behavior.

The water in Warhawk looks like that but realtime. It looks really nice because of the subtle surface translucency.

Pfft.

Far Cry instinct predator for Xbox 360:

1141138168.jpg

the above water looks very nice, but suffers from a major flaw its totally unrealistic
eg of the millions of photos of water on the internet show me a single one that looks like that
sea swell + clear reflections are unrealistic with such quality
then again, ive always said realsism sux for some things

Dunno. But starting a new thread makes more sense to me than discussing water here, where those interested in rendering water are unlikely to look!

Back