Splinter Cell: Double Agent PS3 Screens

That one multplayer shot looked pretty bad, but the rest look fine to me imo. SC: DA was never that impressive to me. Anyways, I thought this doesnt ship until the middle of march? Or is it coming out next month?

looks similar to the 360 version to me... which wasn't as impressive as it should have been in my honest opinion.

I'm looking forward to the "real" next gen splinter cell - It'll be interesting to see what they can achieve both graphically and in terms of advancing the gameplay.

Hector: The title uses a network middleware solution already successfully used on PC and PS2. The PlayStation Network Platform provides all the required services to match the Xbox live quality. The online part of the game has been on beta test since November 2006 on PS3 and we are 100% confident to provide a quality online experience.

Heh. Wonder how often people are going to quote that line. It's an instant classic. :LOL:

This is the best water EVER....

113050355445229738.jpg

Not ONE game has suppased the water that source can do :)

And i hope ubi do a good job of the port.

There are lots of games with really good looking water nowadays. I think it's pointless to claim best water ever for any single one of them. Warhawk have really good looking water also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ubi said right in the 1up piece

The game's low-level graphic engine has been completely re-written to take advantage of the PS3 hardware," says Hector. "Sony engineers have also helped our team to optimize the rendering pipeline. Overall, you can expect the same visuals as the 360 version." Click the image above to check out all Double Agent PS3 screens.

So basically, there's no point in all these insto-comparos people are trying to do. They're not even shooting for a high bar..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ubi said right in the 1up piece

So basically, there's no point in all these insto-comparos people are trying to do. They're not even shooting for a high bar..

Both the quote and your statement are odd. If they completely re-write the code for SC with Sony's help after the x360 version is released I would EXPECT them to surpass the 360's visuals - which shouldnt be the case. It reads like they had to rewrite the engine in order to match the 360's visuals.

Very confusing statement imo.

Both the quote and your statement are odd. If they completely re-write the code for SC with Sony's help after the x360 version is released I would EXPECT them to surpass the 360's visuals - which shouldnt be the case. It reads like they had to rewrite the engine in order to match the 360's visuals.

not hat much xenos seems to be a better gpu... not by a large margin but still.

Heh. Wonder how often people are going to quote that line. It's an instant classic. :LOL:
No kidding, I sold the 360 version off becuse multiplayer has all sorts nastly lag issues, if the PS3 version is matching that then it is doomed as well.

And I notice some of the multiplayer shots are missing AA, which leaves me to wonder how well the visuals are really matched.

Strange conception ! I wouldn't expect it to be better unless serious effort has been made to harness the full power of the receiving plateform. It is a port, and as such, I wouldn't hold my breath for any huge improvement, if ever... :smile:

This is the best water I've seen in a game so far, but it really has to be seen in motion to be appreciated. And then... it'll blow your socks right through your shoes.

Is Double Agent's PS3 version based on the Xbox or the Xbox360/PC version? I've heard that they are completely different games regarding the story and the maps. Xbox-version should be much much better.

Back