Spec Ops: The Line

Scott_Arm

Legend
So, this budget series is back, but looking very non budget.

The environments in that trailer are huge. The buildings in the distance look like paintings, but seem to be rendered.

Looks interesting. Environments look decidedly low poly but made up for it a bit with things like breaking glass.

Distance fog is pretty heavy but at least they are being clever about it by masking it as a sandstorm/blowing sand... But regardless allows them to render even less poly's/textures in a given scene. Which in turn may allow them to do other things.

So much Aliasing. :( And so many high contrast edges to really make it stand out.

This may be the first Spec Ops game I check out...

Regards,
SB

I'm still not convinced it was real time. The assets weren't anything to brag about, but there is a certain fluidity in the trailer that makes it look unlike anything I've seen in real time.

Yeah, I don't think that shot is meant to even pretend to be real-time. I'm wondering if the parts that supposedly depict gameplay are.

It appears there are two trailers - one supposed to represent realtime stuff (I think), and another that is clearly CG. I think Gamersyde has em' both.

brb

Edit:
Oooookay - my assessment - They're both platypy... Hodgepodges. One appears to be mostly (obviously) CG with a few snips here and there of what could probably be pulled off in a game(and is probably *still* a target render). Another appears to be the complete opposite - 66% footage that I'm confident could be pulled off realtime (again probably a target render anyway) with another 33% that's likely offline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back