Space sportsters.....

MrsSkywalker

Newcomer
I saw this on MSN and thought it was topic worthy.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/902224.asp?vts=041820031630

While I am pretty sure that NASA has stuff like this in the making, I always thought that the real advances in further space exploration would come from private business, and not NASA. If this contraption really works, I can see GM coming out with one within a decade...maybe a space SUV. While I am all for this, I know there are many people who feel that space exploration should be left to "real astronauts" (NASA and other governments' space programs), and that private businesses should not get involved.

I was wondering what everyone thought on the subject. Should the vast expanses of outer space be controlled by the governments of this world? Or do businesses have the right to go it on their own? Also, I'd like to hear everyone's take on this space "plane"...was I the only one to think, "Dude! I want one!" :)

Yes that was awesome. And I don't know about businesses. IMO Businesses think little about repercussions, so that is bad, but they also get things done instead of worrying about what will happen in 10 million years. It would be hard for them to screw up space badly. (I hope I don't have to eat my words b/c the moon colliding with us would be bad). Governments have to sell the idea to people to get their funding businesses have to sell the idea to a smaller segment of the populace, and therefore can get funding. What would be the profit though? The only thing that is viable seems likely to collapse on itself.

Going in space is dangerous, we don't need retards in space who can't drive. Think about it, people have enough trouble on a 2D plane (roads). Do we really wants idiots in space, coliding with satellites and putting more junk in orbit to make near earth space even more littered and dangerous?

Saem said:
Going in space is dangerous, we don't need retards in space who can't drive. Think about it, people have enough trouble on a 2D plane (roads). Do we really wants idiots in space, coliding with satellites and putting more junk in orbit to make near earth space even more littered and dangerous?

In a word YES! ;)

Back