Sony Doesn't Have To Tell Me to Wait for a PS3: Microsoft's Doing Their Dirty Work!

I simply don't see how you can call the Japan launch dumb when you (and I) have no idea how successful or not it will be.
Japanese aren't very keen on the concept of creating mass hysterias over shortages - so if MS pulls the same stunt over there it has a good chance of backfiring and hurt their already bad reputation even more.

Platon said:
And if I remember correctly if looking only at PS1 sales, I think that Europe comes on top. Unfortunately this missconception that consoles and stuff sell much worse in Europe has always been around, and I have no clue as to why when the market here is clearly higher than japan and extremely close to the US and whit the market being the most likely to expand of those three, despite being shafted all the time...

Software sale is another story though. The US is significantly ahead in that regard but that has more to do with pricing than anything else.

doob said:
Wrong because of EU taxes and burocracy

Actually, EU consumers in general buy a lot less stuff than Americans. They save more than Americans though.

They like video games as much as any others but prices have to be dampening demand somewhat.

Platon said:
And if I remember correctly if looking only at PS1 sales, I think that Europe comes on top.
Let's take a look at the official stats...

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps_e.html
Cumulative Production Shipments of Hardware / PlayStation®

2004/03/31 99.72 million units (Japan: 20.62 million/ USA: 39.49 million/ Europe: 39.61 million)
2005/09/30 102.49 million units (Japan: 21.59 million/ USA: 40.78 million/ Europe: 40.12 million)
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps2_e.html
Cumulative Production Shipments of Hardware / PlayStation®2

2005/09/30 96.01 million units (Japan: 21.70 million/ USA: 38.78 million/ Europe: 35.53 million)

The US is the biggest market for the both 2 hardware platforms as of now.

one said:
Let's take a look at the official stats...

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps_e.html

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps2_e.html

The US is the biggest market for the both 2 hardware platforms as of now.

I guess that the numbers I had seen where for 2004, about PS1. I hadn't seen the new ones. But common tha margin is extremely small, compaired to the common misconception that Europe is by far the smallest market, and once again although Europe gets shafted both when it comes to prices as well as luanch dates whether it is consoles or games they still buy them, at huge numbers...

Platon said:
I guess that the numbers I had seen where for 2004, about PS1. I hadn't seen the new ones. But common tha margin is extremely small, compaired to the common misconception that Europe is by far the smallest market, and once again although Europe gets shafted both when it comes to prices as well as luanch dates whether it is consoles or games they still buy them, at huge numbers...

Maybe we should stop buying them at high prices then?

Platon said:
Europe is by far the smallest market, and once again although Europe gets shafted both when it comes to prices as well as luanch dates whether it is consoles or games they still buy them, at huge numbers...

I thought it was because of the taxes and different languages that creates this shafting.

Joe DeFuria said:
That's right...if you Europeans are sick of getting "shafted"...make your own damn console. ;)

IMAGINE THAT!! A console which will run at 50Hz originally, creating the PAL-NTSC conversion problems, only this time the other way round!! :eek:

Also, Spartan, you said you preordered the X360 before it was even officially announced.. So what exactly did you order?? A "Nextbox"? A "Xbox2"?
Cause maybe there's a new totally clueless employee there with your order in his hands saying "Nextbox preordered, to be delivered on 24th November...", and the guy is rabidly looking in the werehouse for this Nextbox thing and he just can't find it dammit!! :LOL: :LOL:

i just love threads like this........a bunch of whiney kids that KNEW that there would be shortages on launch day and they still are upset that they could not get one. I have never been in such a hurry that I had to go out and get a console on launch day. I have bought the following consoles and I have always waited until they were $99

NES
SNES
NGC
GBA SP

I have also a PSP but I made the kids wait until it was a little cheaper than launch price....same with the DS. I am a lot happier to wait and be able to get more hardware for the $$ spent.......

I got a PSone PS2 for nothing........

They said they would ship more premiums than cores, but quite simply, they lied. It's their way of dealing with the non-standard harddrive debacle.

Gholbine said:
They said they would ship more premiums than cores, but quite simply, they lied. It's their way of dealing with the non-standard harddrive debacle.
not necessarily.. my ebgames got 24 premiums and 1 core.

valioso said:
not necessarily.. my ebgames got 24 premiums and 1 core.

They said something like 90% premium, or something like that. I don't know, but I get the distinct impression that this figure is rubbish. Maybe they sent all those premiums over to Japan?

Still, there's way too many cores for my liking. I'm forced to wait before I can pick one up.

Gholbine said:
They said something like 90% premium, or something like that.

Really? Please find where they said "something like that."

Still, there's way too many cores for my liking.

Funny how everyone seems to base their opinions on their singular experience. You personally didn't get a premium? MS LIED! THERE'S NOT ENOUGH PREMIUMS. Uh...Ok...

If there are 90% Premium and 10% Core, what's the point of releasing Core units at all? They could have kept the Premium unit as the only standard unit and many people would have been happy.

Back