Sony Corporate Re-org

Ha ha, I think he's being sarcastic. Sony Connect from Sony Pictures failed. PSN from SCE was implemented within a year and is making money for Sony now.

I think Archie was more referring to SOE's heavy involvement in the creation of the network's backbone, which they also might still be hosting on their servers as well... though I guess it's SCE's servers either way now. Now that it's been moved out from Pictures to under 'Game,' I'd be interested to know how the integration is going between the teams and cultures.

I think Archie was more referring to SOE's heavy involvement in the creation of the network's backbone, which they also might still be hosting on their servers as well... though I guess it's SCE's servers either way now. Now that it's been moved out from Pictures to under 'Game,' I'd be interested to know how the integration is going between the teams and cultures.

It's Sony... ;)

I think the word poor could be used as a good descriptor.

Honestly now? Aqua was a rather late change, and OS X was technically already released on the market before the Aqua UI existed (for those of us who remember MacOS X Server 1.0, which was very much like Rhapsody DR2, which was essentially NeXTSTEP skinned to look like MacOS 9). Anyways before even that Steven spent a lot of effort cleaning out the Apple closets of a lot of the people from the previous 'administrations' and installing and promoting people he brought over from NeXT.

And thanks to this we have Objective C and lots of NS prefixes abound, LOL

ban25 said:
And thanks to this we have Objective C and lots of NS prefixes abound, LOL

YES! And that's a good thing! (well at least the Obj-C part, NS prefixes only pertain to Apple's frameworks).

gongo said:
LOL if true! So what is SCE doing all this while?

I'm not sure what you mean?

gongo said:
Did SCEE not contribute the Singstar OS to the PSN?

OS? No, that wouldn't make any sense anyway. The SingStore design however was inspirational to the design of the Playstation Store client UI redesign.

patsu said:
Ha ha, I think he's being sarcastic. Sony Connect from Sony Pictures failed. PSN from SCE was implemented within a year and is making money for Sony now.

What am I being sarcastic about?

Carl B said:
I think Archie was more referring to SOE's heavy involvement in the creation of the network's backbone, which they also might still be hosting on their servers as well... though I guess it's SCE's servers either way now.

Well SOE was split. The game dev portion was moved under SCEA, while the network platform was merged with Connect into SMSS. So it's not really under SCE technically (although obviously SCE is still involved as their platform is the primary client).

NathansFortune said:
I think the word poor could be used as a good descriptor.

Depends on your perspective.

YES! And that's a good thing! (well at least the Obj-C part, NS prefixes only pertain to Apple's frameworks).

LOL, if you say so...to me, it looks horrible to see smalltalk style Objective C and typical C style dot notation side-by-side, as you often happens to be the case at least in iPhone apps. :)

Back