Something about Window XP

Monty

Regular
a popup keeps on popping up (parden the pun), its the one which asks for the cd so it can install origal files to maintain stability, anyway i know what caused it to do this and it wont cause any problems, was wondering if there was a way to disable this warning from popping up without reversing what i did?

Hm, probably only by turning off system file protection. At least i can't think of any other way right now.

Monty said:
a popup keeps on popping up (parden the pun), its the one which asks for the cd so it can install origal files to maintain stability, anyway i know what caused it to do this and it wont cause any problems, was wondering if there was a way to disable this warning from popping up without reversing what i did?

i think its one of the services that makes them.... not 100% sure, but check services and read what each does.... if you find it, disable it....

I wouldn't disable it. Sometimes these things are unexpected and could be a real sign for trouble.
I believe that you also get the option to ignore and xp won't bother you again about that file. That's what I did with uxtheme.dll and tcpip.sys (or something like that).

Rambler said:
Hm, probably only by turning off system file protection. At least i can't think of any other way right now.

looks like that was doing it, found a registry tweak which disables the popup message but leaves it enabled.

thanks for the help :D

search for "SFCDisable" in your registry and set the hexidecimal value to 4.

just incase you or someone else has never tweaked their registry:

go to "run" in the start menu, type in "regedit" then open the edit tab and click on find and type in sfcdisable, it should go right to it, then you right click on SFCDisable and press modify and theres a little box whats says value data, change that from 0 to 4.

Back