somebody bought an xbox360 to smash it

he gotta work real hard to crack nintendo consoles open like that these pictures made me remember the xplay episode when they tried really hard to smash gamecube( ps2 and xbox got busted after first round of blows), that little lunchbox can take some damage.

Heh yeah I saw that. They dropped a big weight on it from about 10 feet up, hit it with a sledge hammer and dropped it 30 feet onto a concrete flaw, and it still worked! :LOL: XBox and PS2 both broke (PS2 in the first round).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ali-G said:
Heh yeah I saw that. They dropped a big weight on it from about 10 feet up, hit it with a sledge hammer and dropped it 30 feet onto a concrete flaw, and it still worked! :LOL: XBox and PS2 both broke (PS2 in the first round).

Well to be fair, it looked like they didn't hit the Cube as hard with the sledge hammer and the dropping test is obviously very favorable to cube, they should have dropped cube on top of Xbox and vice versa and see which one would have survived then! :)

I don't think this should be taken too seriously. It's kind of a Jackass stunt, and not a funny one at that if not for the fact that they did it in front of lots of people waiting in line to get one!

Does anyone remember the guys who strapped a PS2 to a rope, then tied the rope at the end of the car and drove the car a few hunder meters, to find the PS2 in pieces? That was quite funny.

I'm sure there was one for GC too but i can't remember if they dropped it out of the window or shot it... I'm sure i remember someone shooting a console to see if it still worked afterwards... Was it a Gameboy (original)?

I find these things quite funny but maybe that's just me. Like throwing old TVs out of the window.

IIRC somebody shot an Xbox with a gun and it still worked afterwards. Also somebody towed a GCN behind a car and dragged it around the block and it still worked afterwards. They then beat it with a sledgehammer and it finally fell apart and stopped working.

PC-Engine said:
IIRC somebody shot an Xbox with a gun and it still worked afterwards. Also somebody towed a GCN behind a car and dragged it around the block and it still worked afterwards. They then beat it with a sledgehammer and it finally fell apart and stopped working.

That's quite amazing when you think about it... And still, you have faulty units out of the box... Oh well...

Did you guys see the short video? Long one is coming out later. But it was hilarious. Interesting to note, the BestBuy guy at the beginning. Set up 360 in home theatre section, scratched a DVD completely. Next time, booted up, froze twice. His face at the end was priceless telling the would be customers of the "sketchy" situation.

Back