somebody bought an xbox360 to smash it

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
Retard Wasted Donated Money To Do This...
>> Some retard bought a Xbox 360 this morning, just to destroy it. People who actually wanted to OWN one of these launch units can look on in horror..

From www.smashmyxbox.com:

November 22nd 2005 - 10am - Well, after 55 hours of pain, cold, and suffering, we have got our Xbox 360 and successfully smashed it outside Best Buy minutes later, with a large sledgehammer in front of a few Xbox ******s who just bought brand new 360s. Short video clip will be posted tomorrow (23rd) and the longer documentary style one will be posted with the next few days. For now, enjoy these pictures!

Full Story and more Photos at www.smashmyxbox.com

smx1.jpg

There have been times i wanted to do that to my Xbox. But I don't think i would pay someone to do it.

-#1Gamer
a proud employee of GameAlmanac.com

Such caveman behavior. Why just smash it and not do some constructive-destructive testing? I am sure some destructive testing could reveal some interesting information and instead we get this... disappointed!

wireframe said:
Such caveman behavior. Why just smash it and not do some constructive-destructive testing? I am sure some destructive testing could reveal some interesting information and instead we get this... disappointed!

He could have at least used a hammer with a force gauge!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how much money they'll make via web-adverts and donations...

Anyway, this happens every launch. You can be damn sure someone will do this to a PS3 when it comes out too.

MrWibble said:
I wonder how much money they'll make via web-adverts and donations...

Anyway, this happens every launch. You can be damn sure someone will do this to a PS3 when it comes out too.

Yes, and also include the Revolution on that. At the top of the page it already has links to the sites ready for me.

I'm sure the money spent on the box wouldn't have helped those in and out of America who don't have enough to eat, anyway.

PARANOiA said:
I'm sure the money spent on the box wouldn't have helped those in and out of America who don't have enough to eat, anyway.

It's a microsoft product, so it's going to be funneled to charity through the Gates foundation anwyay (well, part of it at least).

People with too much time and money on their hands do things more stupid than this on a daily basis. I wouldn't worry about it.

Skrying said:
Yes, and also include the Revolution on that. At the top of the page it already has links to the sites ready for me.
he gotta work real hard to crack nintendo consoles open like that :cool: these pictures made me remember the xplay episode when they tried really hard to smash gamecube( ps2 and xbox got busted after first round of blows), that little lunchbox can take some damage.

<nu>faust said:
he gotta work real hard to crack nintendo consoles open like that :cool: these pictures made me remember the xplay episode when they tried really hard to smash gamecube( ps2 and xbox got busted after first round of blows), that little lunchbox can take some damage.

Lol, I'd like to see that.

Anyone else watch the "smashmyipod" site? I thought that was extremely funny, haha.

What the??
55 hours of pain, cold, and suffering to pay for an XBOX360 which they smashed later? :oops: :oops:

thats retarted.

I think something similar happened with the PS2 when it wqas launched too

given the emotional distress displayed by some of our forum goers over inability to purchase an xbox360 I believe a lynching is in order.

This is juvenile attention whoring in its purest form. People like these ought to have their naked asses flogged in a public square for stooping down to simpleminded destruction just to get their five minutes of (online, as the case may be) fame.

I'd never feed the twisted and perverted egos behind idiotic stunts like these by clicking on links to their sites and such, much less give them money to simply squander on something that serves no other purpose than to create even more waste and pollution in a world already bowing down under such loads.

No thanks.

MrWibble said:

These same guys have already promised to do the same to the PS3 and Revolution when they launch.

That is just stupid. I guess some people got money to throw away.

Bit of an insult to all those who appreciate this fine piece of engineering also.

It is somewhat stupid, but if they have the money for it, it's their choice in the end. And it seems they did get enough donations to cover the cost of the xbox 360 and then some!

Back