Some RR7 pictures.

Certainly looks better than Ridge Racer on the 360, it's just a shame that it seems to have the same comedy handling (from videos I've seen) as the 360 version.

When a car slides on a straight, the cars don't move they just swivel around a central point.

Certainly looks better than Ridge Racer on the 360, it's just a shame that it seems to have the same comedy handling (from videos I've seen) as the 360 version.

When a car slides on a straight, the cars don't move they just swivel around a central point.

Indeed it still has it but its RIIIIDGEEE RACEEER, why would they change something that has "worked" in previous installment? I don't think it would be ridge racer if the cars would be handled like in Forza or even like in Gran turismo. ;)

I understand this might be a turn off to some but I kinda like the easy driving in Ridge racer, there's sense of speed and you can really just lay back and drive to the fullest.

If I want heavier driving experience I'll go for Gran turismo or Forza. :)

That's apart of the game's DNA. Thats why those of us who buy RR, buy RR. :D You change that, and its no longer RR. :p

GameSpot Hands-on
That said, watching experts play with dynamic-drift cars--as we got to do when playing against Namco QA staff during an online multiplayer race--is an impressive sight. Not only were the Namco folks deadly accurate with their drifts around tight turns, they even were able to pull off insane-looking donuts while barreling down a straight in order to keep their cars' nitrous gauges consistently building.

I know it's what RR is, I am a fan of the series (hence why I am able to compare it to the 360 version as I did infact own it ;) )

I just think a touch of realism wouldn't go amiss. Fine have the cars going straight even when sliding around every, but for the love of god make them pivot at the front wheels so the slides look more dramatic.

They must have been playing this game quite a bit to be able to pull of those like that! :) I'd love to see that.

I was pretty surprised when I read that too. Had never even thought of doing something like that before. I'll have to give that a try and see how miserably I fail. That, in itself, could make for some interesting online competition. Forgo the race, just see how many 360 degree drifts you pull off on a straight away. :D

Looking forward to playing this one (In 1080p that is ;)). I do still wish it had RR5 type handling but I guess I'll get over it.
Not a bad score from IGN. :)

Certainly looks better than Ridge Racer on the 360, ...

and that's not saying much... RR6 on 360 looks pretty much like a rushed port (released a year ago)

from the PS3 review above...
7.5 Graphics
While car models and environments look good, they're not overwhelming. Plus, there's a drop in quality when playing splitscreen.

Yeah, I thought that was interesting - back at TGS everyone was wowed with the 1080p/60fps graphics. Maybe they didn't have a 1080p set for reviewing? ;) Or maybe people were just too easily wowed and only some of the new tracks actually look that good ... Also disappointing that nobody is showing screenshots of the customisation features.

the other thing I find disturbing is Namco (evidently) not having voice chat built into this game at all after having it in RR6.

I realize it's easier to just hook into the 360's Live interface to allow voice but come on, they had a year to develop this since then, they shoulda/woulda/coulda added voice chat. :???:

I could have sworn I posted a site showing the difference between RR6 Xbox 360 vs. RR7 PS3 earlier????? Anyway the still shots had the Xbox360 version having better visuals, especially in the draw distance and textures. There were also some environmental elements that were missing from the PS3 version.

Back