Some People at

Status
Not open for further replies.

XMAN26

Banned
XBOX forums are stupid.

1. Some think Win2K, 2k3, XP and Vista, the 32bit versions, cant do 4GB of ram
2. Thinks M/KB support would hurt the 360 or console in general
3. Believe spending over 2g for a highend system is over spending.
4. Dont realize that consoles are fixed units and dont change therefor games pretty much stay peaked with performance where as PC games it is vastly different

XBOX forums are stupid.

I don't see how this matters to anything, they'll never support M/KB in games due to competition issues online.

Depends on where you are coming from, for me, for just a gaming machine, yes that's too much. I wouldn't get enough out of it to warrant that kind of expenditure. Although I'm probably one of the few regular posters here who doesn't require the use of a comp for work.

4. Dont realize that consoles are fixed units and dont change therefor games pretty much stay peaked with performance where as PC games it is vastly different

It seems to me that history has shown that generally console games improve over the life of the console, as they go on they are able to tap more from architecture as they have more time to get used to it. Console vs PC both have their advantages and limitations for development.

I don't see how this matters to anything, they'll never support M/KB in games due to competition issues online.

Depends on where you are coming from, for me, for just a gaming machine, yes that's too much. I wouldn't get enough out of it to warrant that kind of expenditure. Although I'm probably one of the few regular posters here who doesn't require the use of a comp for work.

It seems to me that history has shown that generally console games improve over the life of the console, as they go on they are able to tap more from architecture as they have more time to get used to it. Console vs PC both have their advantages and limitations for development.

Here view the thread for yourself.
http://forums.xbox.com/13326154/ShowPost.aspx

It gets funny at points.

XBOX forums are stupid.

This type of ignorance is more the norm than the exception. On any console forum. Except maybe this one..

Hell, even videogame "journalists" are amazingly ignorant about hardware issues, try listening to the 1up yours podcast sometime..

BTW, aren't at least 3 if not all those points arguable?

Once you add vidcard RAM, system RAM on 32 bit is generally limited to <4GB. I mean yeah, if you ran no vidcard you could have exactly 4GB..

This type of ignorance is more the norm than the exception. On any console forum. Except maybe this one..

Hell, even videogame "journalists" are amazingly ignorant about hardware issues, try listening to the 1up yours podcast sometime..

BTW, aren't at least 3 if not all those points arguable?

Once you add vidcard RAM, system RAM on 32 bit is generally limited to <4GB. I mean yeah, if you ran no vidcard you could have exactly 4GB..

Device memory is a bitch isn't it. But the fact remains, you can install 4gb of ram into systems using those OSs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back