Socom 4

Beta dates to be announced tomorrow:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26284633&postcount=293

Q: When does the SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs beta period begin?
A: We will announce the beta starting dates on Friday, March 4 at 9am Pacific Time (in addition to details and media from our 4th and previously-secret game mode, Bomb Squad)

Q: Does that mean the SOCOM 4 beta begins when you officially announce its start date?
A: No. The time frame we've giving in the question above is just for when you can expect to hear about the start date, it's not the beginning of the beta itself. The dates listed in Friday's announcement will tell you exactly when the beta period actually begins.

Q: Will there be other ways to access the SOCOM 4 beta outside of purchasing Killzone 3 in North America or being a member of PlayStation Plus in Europe?
A: Absolutely Yes. We'll go into details about it in this week's announcement.

Q: What will be included in the SOCOM 4 beta?
A: As much as we’d love to tell you now, we’ll be releasing this info along with the other information next week as well.

Original Source: http://forums.socom.com/t5/SOCOM-4/SOCOM-4-Beta-Status-Updated-March-3/td-p/1153122

Is PSN Plus the only way of getting into the beta in EU? Think i may take the plunge, was thinking about it as i want to play Stacking. PSN+ is actually turning out to be pretty great value from what ive seen recently, lots of free games, and good ones to boot!

Is PSN Plus the only way of getting into the beta in EU? Think i may take the plunge, was thinking about it as i want to play Stacking. PSN+ is actually turning out to be pretty great value from what ive seen recently, lots of free games, and good ones to boot!

You're absolutely right :D When they first announced it i was very skeptical and thought the free stuff would all be PSone classics and unwanted minis.

After a few months i went on to the store to pick up a few games i had my eye on and pretty much most of them were either free or discounted with PSN+. I was sold there and then. PSN+ is wickedly good value for me as i generally buy lots of PSN games :) All the betas and stuff are just really nice bonus' too ;-)

I was kinda hoping that alot of the discounts would spill over into in the movie store too, but then i guess that SCE wouldn't have any say in that :(

Beta dated:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/04/socom-4-bomb-squad-revealed-beta-release-details/

The SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta will roll out in four separate phases. It’ll begin with a small, private group and then expand weekly from there until it’s freely available to everyone! Here’s the schedule for each of the beta’s rollout phases:

On March 15th, a private beta goes live. We’ll be contacting eligible players soon.

Beginning March 22nd, PlayStation Plus members will gain access to the beta.

On March 29th, anyone with a beta code included with Killzone 3 gains entry.

Starting April 5th, the beta will be freely downloadable to anyone via PlayStation Network.

The beta is scheduled to run until April 13th, at which point the servers will be taken down in preparation of SOCOM 4′s retail release on April 19th!

So, beta is out for US peeps! Anyone here get in?

Beta is shareable which is cool! someone on gaf is sharing called Wario64, problem is i dont have a gaf account.

If anyone who has access to gaf could get the account and pm me id be very greatful :LOL:
Think all you need to do is quote his post in socom thread!

There are more review scores on N4G, mostly range from 7.5 to 8.5 ! I think its scoring a little less due to the campaign, and everyone seems to be enjoying the MP. Its understandable as SOCOM is primarily an MP franchise.

Whats the big deal about 5p coop?

If you want a tactical shooter with half realism (as half real as socom anyway) and large scale coop, the GR:AW games support 16 player coop

I want to know how the co-op is set up too. How does it compare to Resistance 2's 8P co-op ? (e.g., Scalable AI)

Gamespot Review !
These reviews are so much better at explaining the game. The IGN ones feel as if they put together a video just to put a score at the end and be done with it. This one explains almost all aspects of the game, though doesn't dwell on MP much, as I am guessing they haven't played much of it as yet.

I tried playing this with the sharpshooter thingy, man that is really weird and tiring. But again a bit fun, it makes me less aggressive and use my team mates more.

No love for Socom 4? I thoroughly enjoyed the beta, althougt it's not Socom 2, it was really fun. I was about to pick it up for the Easter weekend to play with KZ3, then PSN went on holiday.

Any in-house reviews for this game please?

No love for Socom 4? I thoroughly enjoyed the beta, althougt it's not Socom 2, it was really fun. I was about to pick it up for the Easter weekend to play with KZ3, then PSN went on holiday.

Any in-house reviews for this game please?

Not sure what to say, I like the SP, only playing with the sharpshooter, ie going to finish it with that, when time permits. Not sure if I'll play much online, but will give coop a try.

Then again I have never been a big socom fan :)

Back